Ferritic Fine Structure Characteristics in Hot Die Forged Powder Steels. I. Effect of Heating Temperature during Die Forging on Ferritic Fine Structure in Specimens of Powder Technical Grade Iron and Carbon Steels
- 48 Downloads
We have studied the effect of the composition and heating temperature during die forging on the microstructure and fine structure of ferrite in powder iron and powder carbon steels. From the structural characteristics obtained for different planes of the blank, we used harmonic analysis of the x-ray line shape to establish the nonuniformity of deformation over the volume. We have established the heating temperature during die forging of powder technical grade iron and carbon steels, for which the deformation is close to uniform over the die forging volume: 1050 °C for technical grade iron and low-carbon steel, 1100 °C for carbon steel.
Keywordsporous blank heating temperature die forging deformation crystal lattice defect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. G. Dorofeev, B. G. Gasanov, V. Yu. Dorofeev, et al., Industrial Technology for Hot Pressing Powder Articles [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.M. L. Bernshtein, Structure of Deformed Metals [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.M. L. Bernshtein, V. A. Zaimovskii, and M. L. Kaputkina, Thermomechanical Treatment of Steel [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.V. N. Mishchenko, “Defects in hot die forged powder articles,” in: Hot Pressing Studies in Powder Metallurgy: Interinstitute Collection [in Russian], Novocherkas. Politekh. Inst., Novocherkassk (1988), pp. 56–62.Google Scholar
- 5.M. A. Krivoglaz, X-Ray and Neutron Diffraction in Nonideal Crystals [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.Ya. S. Umanskii, Yu. A. Skakov, A. N. Ivanov, and L. N. Rastorguev, Crystallography, X-Ray Diffraction, and Electron Microscopy [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.A. N. Ivanov, “Determination of dislocation density in harmonic analysis of an x-ray line profile,” Zavod. Lab., 7, No.11, 39–40 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. G. Dorofeev, L. G. Marinenko, and V. I. Ustimenko, Structural Powder Materials and Articles [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.L. N. Larikov, Defect Healing in Metals [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. G. Dorofeev and V. I. Lozovoi, “Enhanced properties of hot die forged powder articles as a result of optimization of structure formation processes in the field of hot pressing in powder metallurgy,” in: Hot Pressing Studies in Powder Metallurgy: Interinstitute Collection [in Russian], Novocherkas. Politekh. Inst., Novocherkassk (1988), pp. 3–8.Google Scholar