Electric Rolling of Metal Powder in Roller-Electrodes
- 31 Downloads
The effect of electric voltage in roller-electrodes during electric rolling of metal powders has been studied. Equations for calculating voltage are derived. Values of electric breakdown are determined by experiment. Optimum voltages are established for rolling commonly used metal powders.
Keywordselectric rolling breakdown voltage method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Petrikov, I. M. Mal'tsev, and L. A. Pyryalov, Method of Electric-Pulse Sintering of Metal Powder and a Device for Accomplishing It, Inventor's Certificate 1748943 USSR, Publ. March 22 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.I. M. Mal'tsev, “Effect of dielectric phase content on the properties of powder materials sintered electrically with rolling,” Materialovedenie, No. 9, 39–43 (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.I. M. Mal'tsev, “Modelling of the temperature field in the contact of to metal particles during rolling with electric-conductive heating,” Poroshk. Metall., Nos. 5–6, 5–12 (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.I. M. Mal'tsev, “Effect of electromagnetic field, skin-and pinch-effects during electric rolling with high-density pulsed currents for metal powder materials,” Materialovedenie i Metallurgiya: Trudy Nizhegorod. Gos. Tekhn. Univ., N.-Novgorod, 38, 200–205 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Raichenko, Bases of Sintering Powders by Passage of an Electric Current [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.I. M. Mal'tsev, “Determination of oxide film thickness by breakdown voltage,” Proc. 4-th Sci.-Tech. Conf. “Contemporary achievements in the theory and technology of plastic deformation of metals, heat treatment, and increasing article life,” MASHPROM, Gorky (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.I. M. Mal'tsev and V. G. Petrikov, “Effect of the type of prior treatment on surface oxide films and dielectric permittivity of metal powders,” Mater. 5-th Republican Sci.-Tech. Seminar “Electrophysical technology in powder metallurgy” (31 May–2 June 1990, Moscow), Eng.-Phys. Inst., Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.I. M. Mal'tsev and L. A. Pyryalov, “Effect of oxide films, particle structure on the production regimes and properties of sheet materials made from solid lubricant powders plated with nickel,” Proc. Regional Conf. of Young Scientists and Specialists of Scientific Organizations and Production Enterprises “Contemporary Materials in Engineering” (May 29, 1990, Perm), Perm (1990).Google Scholar
- 9.E. B. Lozhechnikov, Rolling in Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.I. M. Mal'tsev and V. G. Petrikov, “Device for electric-pulse sintering of powder during rolling,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 3, 113–116 (1993).Google Scholar
- 11.S. T. S. Al-Hasani, “Electric discharge compaction of powders,” in: Advanced Production Processes in Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Vysheish. Shkola, Minsk (1982).Google Scholar