Mass transfer and adhesion in electrospark alloying of AL9 alloy with AlN - Ti(Zr)B2 - Ti(Zr)Si2 ceramic electrodes
- 33 Downloads
A study has been made on the adhesion of the new composite ceramic AlN - Ti(Zr)B2 -Ti(Zr)Si2 with steel 45 and alloy AL9 in relation to the mass-transfer kinetics in spark working. There is a three-stage mass-transfer mechanism. The materials in the electrode and the substrate affect the electrical erosion of the electrode.
Keywordsadhesion composite ceramic electrospark alloying mass transfer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Verkhoturov, I. A. Podchernyaeva, and L. N. Kurilenko, “Reverse mass transfer kinetics in electrospark alloying and the formation of a secondary structure in the anode,” Fiz.-Khim. Obrab. Materialov, No. 4, 65–68 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.I. A. Podchernyaeva, A. D. Panasyuk, V. A. Lavrenko, et al., “Structure and properties of composite electrospark laser and magnetron coatings of AlN-TiB2 material,” Poroshk. Metall., Nos. 9–10, 69–77 (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. Teplenko, I. A. Podchernyaeva, A. D. Panasyuk, et al., “Structure and wear resistance of coatings on titanium alloy and steel obtained by electrospark alloying with AlN-ZrB2 material,” Poroshk. Metall., Nos. 3–4, 48–57 (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. V. Naidich, “Interphase surface energies and wetting angles for solid bodies by liquid in equilibrium and nonequilibrium systems,” Surface Phenomena in Melts [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1968), pp. 337–344.Google Scholar
- 5.A. D. Verkhoturov, I. A. Podchernyaeva, Yu. A. Gorbunov, and F. F. Egorov, “Choice of electrode material and mass transfer in electrospark alloying,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 2, 36–40 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.A. D. Verkhoturov, Formation of a Surface Layer of Metals in Spark Alloying [in Russian], Dal’nauka, Vladivostok (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.A. D. Verkhoturov, Yu. I. Mulin, and A. N. Vishnevskii, “Reduction and hardening of dies for pressing aluminum profiles by electrospark alloying,” Fiz.-Khim. Obrab. Materialov, No. 4, 82–89 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.T. V. Samsonov, L. Ya. Markovskii, A. F. Zhigach, and M. G. Valyashko, Boron: Its Compounds and Alloys [in Russian], Izd. AN Ukr. SSR, Kiev (1960).Google Scholar