Schisandraceae triterpenoids: a review
- 1.3k Downloads
This article describes 221 new triterpenoids especially schinortriterpenoids, published from February 2008 through July 2013 as constituents of the family Schisandraceae. The article discusses their source, biological activity, synthetical studies, stereochemistry aspects and chemotaxonomy significance. Applications of hyphenated techniques to the qualitative and quantitative analysis of schinortriterpenoids are also reviewed, together with advances in microbial transformation and synthetic studies.
KeywordsSchisandraceae Schisandra Kadsura Triterpenoids
We thank the authors of all the references cited herein for their valuable contributions. Our work was financially supported in part by the project of 2015 edition of Chinese Pharmacopoeia and academic visitor plans for China Scholarship Council (2011823174). We thank Letpub for its linguistic assistance during the preparation of this manuscript.
- Han XP, Li DK, Zhou DZ et al (2011) Simultaneous determination of 4 nortriterpenoids in Schisandra chinensis extract by HPLC. China J Chin Meteria Medica 36:2226–2229Google Scholar
- Li B, Li YS, Meng XJ et al (2010) Optimization of extraction of triterpenoids from Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill by response surface methodology. Food Sci 31:106–110Google Scholar
- Li B, Meng X, Liu H et al (2011a) Antioxidant activity of triterpenes from caculis of Schisandra Chinensis (Turcz.) Baill. Human Health and Biomedical Engineering (HHBE), 2011 International Conference on IEEE, pp 268–271Google Scholar
- Li H, Fan J, Hu W et al (2012a) Triterpenes from Kadsura coccinea. J Trad Complement Med 2:154Google Scholar
- Liu Y (1984) Preliminary research on the taxonomy system of Magnoliaceae. Acta Phytotaxon Sin 22:89–109Google Scholar
- Meng XJ, Li B, Li YS et al (2011c) Optimization for microwave-assisted extraction of total triterpenoids from Schisandra chinensis by response surface method. J Food Sci Biotech 30:20–24Google Scholar
- Xia YG, Yang BY, Liang J et al (2014) Quantitative analysis and fingerprint Profiles for quality control of Fructus Schisandrae by gas chromatography: mass spectrometry. Sci World J, Article ID 806759Google Scholar
- Xu LJ, Liu HT, Peng Y et al (2008) A preliminary pharmacophylogenetic investigation in Schisandraceae. J Syst Evol 46:692–723Google Scholar
- Zhou Y, Huang SX, Pu JX et al (2011) Ultra performance liquid chromatography coupled with quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometric procedure for qualitative and quantitative analyses of nortriterpenoids and lignans in the genus Schisandra. J Pharm Biomed Anal 56:916–927CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar