Synthesis of Pyrimidino Derivatives: Potent Antimicrobial Candidates
- 74 Downloads
A series of pyimidino derivatives including 4,5-dihydro-5-(1H-indol-1-yl)-6-(phenyl)-4-(4-substituted phenyl) pyrimidine-2-(1H)-one/thione and 4,5-dihydro-4-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)-6-phenyl-5-[3-(substitute-1-yl))-1H-indol-1-yl]pyrimidin-2(1H)-one/thione have been synthesis and their antimicrobial activity has been assessed in order to study the antimicrobial synergism of indole and benzene nuclei in single molecule. The structures of synthesized compounds were confirmed by IR, NMR and mass spectroscopy data. Antimicrobial activity assessment gives comparable to excellent results against all test microbes. It is concluded that nuclei separately possessing antimicrobial activity exhibit synergism when combined in a single molecule.
Keywordspyrimidino derivatives chalcones antibacterial activity antifungal activity synergism future aspects
The authors are thankful to Banasthali University Rajasthan for providing teaching fund. The paper is the part of Ph.D. Thesis of one of the authors, Rajani Chauhan.
- 1.A. Uyanik and A. Oktemer, Commun. Fac. Sci. Univ. Ank. Ser. B, 55(1), 17 – 22 (2009).Google Scholar
- 2.R. C. Jagessar and S. Gomathinayagam, J. Pharm. Clin. Sci., 4, 1 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.M. S. Mohamed, S. M. Awad, and N. M. Ahmed, J Appl. Pharm. Sci., 1(05), 76 – 80, (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Kumar and P. Singh, Der Pharma Chemica, 2(3), 52 – 62, (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.E. M. H. Abbas, Australian J. Basic Appl. Sci., 4(1), 27 – 36, (2010).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Chauhan, A.A. Siddiqui, and. J. Dwivedi, Int. J. Chem. Chem. Eng., 1(1), 45 – 51, (2011).Google Scholar
- 13.A. A. Siddiqi, J. Dwivedi, S. Sharma, R. Chauhan, Der Pharmacia Lett., 2(4), 116 – 125 (2010).Google Scholar