Sterilizing Filtration for Production of Strontium-82 Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- 48 Downloads
Sterilizing filtration for the production of strontium-82 obtained after radiochemical processing of irradiated rubidium-metal targets was developed. Pharmacopoeial microbiology sterility tests established that the process produced sterile Sr-82 active pharmaceutical ingredient and could be recommended for producing 82Sr/82Rb generators.
Keywordsnuclear medicine strontium-82 sterilizing filtration active pharmaceutical ingredient 82Sr/82Rb generator
The work was sponsored by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation on the topic “Development of manufacturing technology for strontium-82, raw material for producing radiopharmaceuticals” under State Contract No. 16.522.12.2012.
- 1.L. F. Mausner, Energy Facilities Contractors Group (EFCOG) Meeting, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Oct. 7, 2010 (2010).Google Scholar
- 2.Strontium-82 Radiochemical Strontium Chloride Solution, Nordion, Sr-82 Fact Sheet (2013).Google Scholar
- 3.B. L. Zhujkov, V. M. Kokhanjuk, and D. Vinsent, RU Pat. No. 2,102,808, Jan. 20, 1998 [see also B. L. Zhuikov, V. M. Kokhanjuk, and J. Vincent, US Pat. No. 5, 875, 220, Feb. 23, 1999].Google Scholar
- 4.Rubidium Chloride Rb 82 Injection, U. S. Pharmacopoeia, 29, 1936 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.OFS 42-0066-07 Sterility, Russian Federation State Pharmacopoeia [in Russian], XIIth Ed., Part 1, Moscow (2007), p. 150.Google Scholar
- 6.OFS 42-0073-07 Radiopharmaceuticals, Russian Federation State Pharmacopoeia [in Russian], XIIth Ed., Part 1, (2007), p. 456.Google Scholar