Extraction of Sr-82, Raw Material for Radiopharmaceutical Production
- 101 Downloads
A method for producing strontium-82, which is used in nuclear medicine for the preparation of rubidium-82 generators that are used in positron-emission tomography (PET) diagnostics of cardiovascular diseases, was described. The method consisted of irradiation of natural rubidium metal in a proton beam of energies from 40 to 100 MeV followed by radiochemical extraction of the produced strontium-82. The method enabled the irradiated target to be processed safely with simultaneous disposal of the rubidium metal and will be used for strontium-82 production at IPPE (Obninsk).
Keywordsnuclear medicine strontium-82 rubidium-82 extraction chromatography ion exchange
The work was performed under the auspices of State Contract No. 16.522.12.2012 of the Ministry of Education and Science.
- 3.B. L. Zhuikov, V. M. Kokhanyuk, V. N. Glushchenko, et al., Radiokhimiya, 36(6), 494 – 498 (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.B. L. Zhujkov, V. M. Kokhanjuk, and V. Dzhon, RU Pat. 2,102,808, Jan.20, 1998; Byull. Izobret., No. 3 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.B. L. Zhujkov, S. V. Ermolaev, and V. M. Kokhanjuk, RU Pat. 2,356,113, May 20, 2009; Byull. Izobret., No. 14 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.O. Yu. Kayurin, N. A. Nerozin, V. B. Pavlovich, et al., Radiokhimiya, 44(3), 260 – 261 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.O. Ju. Kajurin, N. A. Nerozin, et al., RU Pat. 2,187,336, Aug. 20, 2002; Byull. Izobret., No. 23 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Shapovalov, V. V. Kanygin, A. G. Naryshkin, et al., Radiokhimiya, 48(1), 49 – 50 (2006).Google Scholar