An approach to regioselective synthesis of pyrazole and isoxazole derivatives and study of their antimicrobial effect
- 275 Downloads
The synthesis of 4,3-dihydro, 5-phenyl,4-(1 H-indolyl)-3-(3′4′5′-substituted pyrazole/oxazole) derivatives from [(3-phenyl-4,5-dihydro-5-substituted phenyl)-1 H-pyrazole/oxazole]-1 H-indolyl and [(3-phenyl-4,5-dihydro-5-substituted phenyl-1 H-pyrazole/oxazole]-1 H-(3-substituted indolyl) is described. The structures of the synthesized compounds have been established by elemental analysis and IR, 1 H NMR, and mass spectroscopy. The synthesized compounds have been tested against reference microbial strains, and most tests showed excellent results.
Key wordsAntibacterial activity antifungal activity chalcone precursor isoxazole synthesis pyrazole synthesis
The authors are thankful to Banasthali University (Rajasthan) for financial support under the scheme teaching staff. The authors are also thankful to Dr. Anees A. Siddiqui (faculty of Pharmacy, Jamiya Hamdard, New Delhi, India) and Dr. Jaya Dwivedi (Head Dept. of Chemistry, Banasthali University, Rajasthan, India) for making substantial contributions to conception, design, acquisition of data, and analysis and interpretation of data. The paper is a part of Ph. D. Thesis of one of the author (Dr. Rajani Chauhan).
- 2.A. A. Siddiqi, J. Dwivedi, and R. Chauhan, Der Pharm. Lett., 2, 116 – 125 (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Chauhan, A. A. Siddqui, and J. Dwivedi, Int. J. Chem. Chem. Eng., 1, 45 – 51 (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.S. K. Sahu, M. Banerjee, A. Samantray, et al., Tropical J. Pharm. Res., 7, 961 – 968 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Yuvaraj, D. K. Sunith, T. K. A. Riyaz, et al., Hygeia, 1, 36 (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Chauhan, P. K. Sharma, and N. Kaushik, Int. J. ChemTech. Res., 3, 11 – 17 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.R. G. Micetich, R. Raap, and C. G. Chin., J. Med. Chem., 14, 856 – 860 (1971).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Solankee, S. Solankee, and G. Patel, Rasayan J. Chem., 1, 581 – 585 (2008).Google Scholar
- 13.I. Chen, D. Lu, R. Wang, and X. Yan, J. Org. Chem., 29, 1575 – 1581 (2009).Google Scholar