Synthesis and hypoglycemic and anti-inflammatory activity of metal complexes of 4-aryl-2-hydroxy-4-oxo-2-butenoic acid N-heterylamides
- 44 Downloads
The reaction of 4-aryl-2-hydroxy-4-oxo-2-butenoic acid N-heterylamides with dichlorides of manganese, cobalt, and nickel forms the bis[3-aryl-1-(N-heteryl)carboxamido-1, 3-propanedionato] complexes of manganese, cobalt, and nickel, respectively. The hypoglycemic and anti-inflammatory activities of the synthesized compounds and the previously obtained complexes of copper, zinc, and cadmium were investigated. Several highly active substances with two pharmacological effects were found among these products.
Key words4-aryl-2-hydroxy-4-oxo-2-butenoic acid N-heterylamides metal complexes hypoglycemic activity anti-inflammatory activity
The work was supported financially by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Project No. 08-03-00488a).
- 2.V. Shvarts, Ter. Arkh., 10, 74 – 80 (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Tilg and A. R. Moschen, Mol. Med. (Manhasset, NY, United States), 14(3 – 4), 222 – 231 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Pulina, V. V. Zalesov, and P. A. Mokin, Bashk. Khim. Zh., 14(3), 52 – 56 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.N. A. Pulina, P. A. Mokin, V. V. Yushkov, et al., Khim.-farm. Zh., 42(7), 14 – 16 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.R. U. Khabriev (ed.), Handbook of Experimental (Preclinical) Study of New Drugs [in Russian], Meditsina, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.I. A. Volchegorskii, L. M. Rassokhina, and I. Yu. Miroshnichenko, Probl. Endokrinol., 54(5), 43 – 50 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.Methodical Recommendations for Experimental Study of Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Agents [in Russian], Pharmacological Committee, MZ, USSR, Protocol No. 22, Nov. 11, 1982, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar