Application of low-angle laser scattering to the quality control of pharmaceutical powders and suspensions. 2. Barium sulfate
- 53 Downloads
Low-angle light scattering was used for dispersion analysis of samples of barium sulfate substance for radiography obtained from various manufacturers. Particles with sizes of greater than 10 μm were detected, which is not in compliance with normative specifications. Results obtained using barium sulfate substance as an example allow the low-angle laser light scattering method to be recommended for the rapid control of particle size in the disperse phases of medicinal suspensions and powders.
Key wordsPowders and suspensions barium sulfate dispersion analysis low-angle laser light scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.European Pharmacopeia, EP 5.2, 1053 (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.United States Pharmacopeia, USP 29, 197 – 198 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.Japanese Pharmacopeia, JP XV, 334 – 335 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Syroeshkin, P. I. Popov, A. V. Balyshev, et al., Khim.-Farm. Zh., 38(11), 43 – 48 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.B. L. Moldaver, and É. A. Kudryakova, Medtekhnika i Medizdeliya, 2(8), 14 – 17 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.I. P. Korolyuk, V. M. Shinkin, L. I. Kuz’mina, et al., Vestn. Rentgenol. Radiol., 4(15), 34 – 38 (1984).Google Scholar
- 11.T. V. Pleteneva, P. I. Popov, A. V. Syroeshkin, et al., Vedom. Nauchn. Centra Éxp. Sred. Med. Primen., 4, 104 – 107 (2007).Google Scholar