Preparative flow thin-layer chromatography of biomembrane higher fatty acid diglycerides
Preparative separation of positional isomers of diglycerides (DG) in silica gel layers was performed using a horizontal flow chamber. The time at which dynamic equilibrium between the solid, liquid, and gas phases was established in this chamber was identified using organic stains. In order for this equilibrium to be established, the chloroform flow had to be passed through the adsorbent layer for about 4 h. Layers stabilized by this method were used to fractionate mixtures of rac-1,3-and rac-1,2-DG (17.65 mg) obtained by transesterification of triglycerides from plant oils and loaded onto the carrier layer at the start concentrating zone of the plate using a sample applicator. The yield of this mixture after extraction from sorbent was 16.88 ± 0.77 mg (95.6 ± 4.4%) and the ratio of rac-1,3-to rac-1,2-DG was 0.76 ± 0.02.
KeywordsFatty Acid Methyl Ester Adsorbent Layer Column Liquid Chromatography Preparative Separation Boric Acid Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Berezkin and A. S. Bochkov, Quantitative Thin-Layer Chromatography [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Pomazanov, A. M. Alymov, and K. I. Sakodynskii, Development of Methods for Analytical Chromatography [in Russian], Science-Research Chemicopharmaceutical Institute, Moscow (1979), pp. 87–90.Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Vorontsov, A. S. Kanev, O. A. Rys’ev, and V. N. Chechevichkin, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 54, No. 9, 2385–2388 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Zhukov, É. I. Kuznetsova, and A. G. Vereshchagin, Zh. Anal. Khim., 44, No. 8, 1439–1440 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Berezkin and A. S. Bochkov, A.s. No. 752165 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.A. S. Bochkov, A. S. Lezin, G. G. Pavlushkov, et al., Izmereniya, Kontrol’, Avtomatizatsiya, 5, No. 39, 36–42 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.L. V. Andreev, and K. A. Koshcheenko, Zh. Anal. Khim., 31, No. 2, 343–348 (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Kargapolov, Biokhimiya, 46, No. 4, 691–698 (1981).Google Scholar
- 14.V. P. Pchelkin and A. G. Vereshchagin, Priklad. Biokhim. Mikrobiol., 15, No. 5, 764–768 (1979).Google Scholar
- 15.V. B. Pchelkin and A. G. Vereshchagin, Priklad. Biokhim. Mikrobiol., 24, No. 6, 809–815 (1988).Google Scholar
- 17.V. P. Pchelkin, Zh. Anal. Khim., 48, No. 9, 1442–1449 (1993).Google Scholar
- 18.V. D. Tsydendambaev, A. V. Zhukov, and A. G. Vereshchagin, Fiziol. Rastenii, 24, No. 2, 437–443 (1977).Google Scholar