Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of mono-and biquaternized derivatives of dipyridylethanes and dipyridylethylenes
A series of mono-and biquaternized derivatives of dipyridylethanes and dipyridylethylenes has been synthesized and characterized with respect to antimicrobial activity. The new compounds exhibit structure-dependent antimicrobial action on both Gram-negative (E. coli) and Gram-positive (St. aureus) bacterial species. Monoquaternized dipyridylethane and dipyridylethylene derivatives show a higher antimicrobial activity than compounds with two onium nitrogen atoms; derivatives of dipyridylethane are less active than the analogous derivatives of dipyridylethylene. A high antimicrobial activity (MIC ∼ 1 mg/ml) was observed for 1-[N-cetyl-(4-pyridinium)]-2-(4-pyridyl)ethylene.
KeywordsAntimicrobial Activity High Antimicrobial Activity Dihydroisoquinoline Aminocarbonyl Ethylene Dibromide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. D. Mashkovskii, Drugs [in Russian], Novaya Volna, Moscow (1993), Vol. 2, p. 475.Google Scholar
- 3.O. V. Fedorova, G. G. Mordovskii, G. L. Rusinov, et al., Khim.-Farm. Zh., 32(2), 11–12 (1998).Google Scholar
- 4.I. G. Ovchinnikova, O. V. Fedorova, G. L. Rusinov, et al., Khim.-Farm. Zh., 37(11), 17–19 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.UK Patent No. 1339764 (1974); Ref. Zh. Khim., 24N385P (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. V. Shklyaev, in: Oxygen-and Sulfur-Containing Heterocycles (Conference Proceedings) [in Russian], V. G. Kartsev (ed.), IBS Press, Moscow (2003), Vol. 1, pp. 472–477.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. S. Chekryshkin, O. A. Tetenova, and A. A. Fedorov, Neftekhimiya, 42(1), 41–44 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.Encyclopedia of Chemistry [in Russian], Sov. Entsiklopediya, Moscow (1992), Vol. 3, p. 813.Google Scholar
- 9.RF Patent No. 2213735 (2003).Google Scholar