Technology for Preparation of Pure Total Flavonoid Fraction from Roots of Pseudophora alopecuroides and Evaluation of Its Hepatoprotector and Biligenic Activity
The optimal regime for extraction of the total flavonoid fraction from the roots of Pseudosophora alopecuroides has been found and the corresponding technological scheme for the isolation of flavonoids from this medicinal plant has been developed. Acomparative pharmacological investigation showed that both the total flavonoid extract obtained using a semicommercial apparatus according to the proposed technology and a laboratory preparation are comparable in activity with the well-known drug tanacechol based on common tansy flowers. This result shows that Pseudosophora alopecuroides offers an important source of biologically active flavonoids possessing hepatoprotector and biligenic activity. The annular natural resource of roots of this medicinal plant has been evaluated. The qualitative composition of the flavonoids and their total content in various extracts have been compared.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Natural Resource Flavonoid Medicinal Plant Total Content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. M. Lozhina, Goebelia Bunge Genus, in: Flora of Uzbekistan [in Russian], Moscow (1955), Vol. 3, pp. 398–399.Google Scholar
- 2.Kh. Kh. Kholmatov, Wild-Growing Medicinal Plants of Uzbekistan [in Russian], Tashkent (1964), p. 110.Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Syrov, M. P. Yuldashev, M. I. Mamutova, et al., Khim.-Farm. Zh., 35(1), 29–32 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.Methods for Determining Natural Stocks of Medicinal Plants [in Russian], Meditsina, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.M. D. Mashkovskii, Drugs [in Russian], Novaya Volna, Moscow (2002), Vol. 1, p. 503.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Reitman and S. Frankel, Am. J. Clin. Farmakol., 28, 56–63 (1957).Google Scholar
- 8.I. D. Stal’naya and T. G. Garishvili, in: Modern Methods in Biochemistry [in Russian], V. N. Orekhovich (ed.), Meditsina, Moscow (1977), pp. 66–68.Google Scholar