Correlation Between Ionization Constants and Antiinflammatory Activity of N-Substituted Anthranilic Acid Amides
Eleven amides of N-substituted anthranilic acids have been synthesized and evaluated with respect to antiinflammatory activity. The ionization constants of the new compound were determined by means of potentiometric titration, and six correlation equations were constructed, which relate these values to the antiinflammatory action. Using these equations, the antiinflammatory effect of two other substances from the same series of compounds was predicted for the model of carrageenan-induced edema. The theoretical predictions were experimentally confirmed. The obtained correlation equations may be used for the prognosis of antiinflammatory activity in the series of N-substituted anthranilic acid amides.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Amide Theoretical Prediction Antiinflammatory Effect Antiinflammatory Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Hanch, Khim.-Farm. Zh., 14(10), 15–30 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Gaidukevich, E. N. Svechnikova, E. E. Mikitenko, et al., Zh. Org. Khim., 29(8), 1578–1581 (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Gaidukevich, E. N. Svechnikova, I. A. Zupanets, and G. Sim, Khim.-Farm. Zh., 30(12), 43–46 (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.A. B. Shakirova, A. V. Podchezertseva, L. M. Korkodinova, et al., Khim.-Farm. Zh., 35(4), 17–19 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Oganesyan, M. M. Khachatryan, and I. M. Dubrovkin, Khim.-Farm. Zh., 36(10), 52–54 (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.S. B. Goncharenko, M. M. Kachanskii, Yu. M. Portnov, and V. G. Granik, Khim.-Farm. Zh., 27(9–10), 83–85 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.Methodological Recommendations on the Experimental Investigation of Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs [in Russian], F. P. Trinus, B. M. Klebanov, and V. I. Kondratyuk (eds.), Pharmacological Committee of the USSR Ministry of Public Health, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Kreshkov, Analytical Chemistry of Nonaqueous Solutions [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Stupper, W. Brugger, and P. Jurs. Computer Assisted Studies of Chemical Structure and Biological Function, Wiley, New York (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.A. Albert and E. Serjcant, Ionization Constants of Acids and Bases, Wiley, New York (1962).Google Scholar