Characterizing Flag Graphs and Induced Subgraphs of Cartesian Product Graphs
- 51 Downloads
The vertices of the flag graph Φ(P) of a graded poset P are its maximal chains. Two vertices are adjacent whenever two maximal chains differ in exactly one element. In this paper we characterize induced subgraphs of Cartesian product graphs and flag graphs of graded posets. The latter class of graphs lies between isometric and induced subgraphs of Cartesian products in the embedding structure theory. Both characterization use certain edge-labelings of graphs.
Keywordsflag graphs induced subgraphs edge-labellings Cartesian product graphs quotient graphs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Björner, A.: Shellable and Cohen–Macaulay partially ordered sets, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 260 (1980), 159–183. Google Scholar
- 4.Björner, A.: The minimum number of faces of a simple polyhedron, European J. Combin. 1 (1980), 27–31. Google Scholar
- 6.Feder, T.: Product graph representations, J. Graph Theory 16 (1992), 467–488. Google Scholar
- 7.Feder, T.: Stable networks and product graphs, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 116(555) (1995). Google Scholar
- 8.Graham, R. L. and Winkler, P. M.: On isometric embeddings of graphs, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 288 (1985), 527–536. Google Scholar
- 9.Hedetniemi, S. T. and Slater, P. J.: Line graphs of triangleless graphs and iterated clique graphs, In: Graph Theory and Applications, Lecture Notes in Math. 303, Springer, Berlin, 1972, pp. 139–147. Google Scholar
- 12.Imrich, W.: Embedding graphs into Cartesian products, Ann. New York Acad. Sci. 576 (1989), 266–274. Google Scholar
- 13.Imrich, W. and Klavžar, S.: Product Graphs: Structure and Recognition, Wiley, New York, 2000. Google Scholar
- 15.Klavžar, S. and Peterin, I.: Characterizing subgraphs of Hamming graphs, J. Graph Theory, in press. Google Scholar
- 16.Prisner, E.: Flag graphs of pure posets, Manuscript, 1993. Google Scholar
- 17.Staton, W. and Wingard, C. G.: On line graphs of bipartite graphs, Utilitas Math. 53 (1998), 183–187. Google Scholar