Raman spectroscopy and low temperature electrical conductivity study of thermally evaporated CdS thin films
- 115 Downloads
A systematic study has been carried out on properties of CdS thin films grown on glass substrates by thermal route and growth parameters have been optimized to achieve near stoichiometry. Raman spectroscopy of the films has been carried out to get more insight on chemical and structural information of the films. Photoluminescence study was carried out to get the knowledge of defect-states which play major role in transport mechanisms. In order to obtain electrical parameters, Hall measurement has been carried out by van der Pauw’s technique at room temperature. Also, variation of electrical resistivity of the films at temperature range 20–300 K has been studied. Finally effect of post deposition annealing on the structural, optical and electrical properties of these films has been studied.
KeywordsX-ray diffraction Physical vapor deposition processes Raman spectroscopy Low temperature conductivity Semiconducting cadmium compounds
The authors are grateful to VGST, Govt. of Karnataka State India (VGST/K-FIST(L1)/GRD-377/2014-15) for financial assistance.
- Chandramohan, S., Sathyamoorthy, R., Sudhagar, P., Kanjilal, D., Kabiraj, D., Asokan, K., Ganesan, V., Shripathi, T., Deshpande, U.: High-energy heavy-ion induced physical and surface-chemical modifications in polycrystalline cadmium sulfide thin films. Appl. Phys. A 94, 703–714 (2008)ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hwang, J.Y., Monteiro, S.N., Bai, C.G., Carpenter, J., Cai, M., Firrao, D., Kim, B.G.: Characterization of Minerals, Metals, and Materials, pp. 251–258. Wiley (2012)Google Scholar
- Irimpan, L., Ambika, D., Kumar, V., Nampoori, V.P.N., Radhakrishnan, P.: Effect of annealing on the spectral and nonlinear optical characteristics of thin films of nano-ZnO. J. Appl. Phys. 104, 33118-1–33118-9 (2008)Google Scholar
- Qinghui, Y., Huaiwu, Z., Yingli, L.I.U., Qiye, W.E.N.: Magneto-optical properties of nanometer scale Bi:YIG films. J. Chin. Ceram. Soc. 35, 1190–1193 (2007)Google Scholar
- Van der Pauw, L.J.: A method of measuring the resistivity and hall coefficient on lamellae of arbitrary shape. Philips Tech. Rev. 20, 220–224 (1958)Google Scholar
- Wu, X., Dhere, R.G., Albin, D.S., Gessert, T.A., Dehart, C., Keane, T.C., Duda, A., Coutts, T.J., Asher, S., Levi, D.H., Moutinho, H.R., Yan, Y., Moriarty, T., Johnson, S., Emery, K., Sheldon, P.: High Efficiency CTO/ZTO/CdS/CdTe Polycrystalline Thin-Film Solar Cells. National Center for Photovoltaics Program Review Meeting, Lakewood, CO. No. cp-250-31025 (2001)Google Scholar
- Yilmaz, K., Faculty, A.: Some structural, electrical and optical properties of vacuum evaporated CdS thin films. J. Ovonic Res. 10, 211–219 (2014)Google Scholar