A robust and low complexity clustering-based blind equalizer for PolMux QAM optical coherent systems
- 106 Downloads
In polarization-multiplexed (PolMux) coherent systems, adaptive blind equalizer is efficient in demultiplexing and mitigating inter-symbol interference. A novel clustering-based blind algorithm is proposed, which has simpler computational requirement than the traditional clustering-based blind algorithms. And furthermore, the variance of Gaussian clusters and step size in the novel algorithm can adjust adaptively in the process of convergence, which means it has excellent robust ability. By simulation in a PolMux-16/64QAM coherent systems, we show that the proposed algorithm outperforms existing blind algorithms.
KeywordsCoherent optical communication Digital signal processing Blind equalizer Cluster
This work was partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) (Grant Nos. 61671329, 61201426). The authors would like to thank the reviewers for their valuable suggestion and insightful comments that helped in improving the quality of this manuscript.
- Fan, C.P., Fang, C.H., Hu, H.J., Hsu, W.N.: Design and analyses of a fast feed-forward blind equalizer with two-stage generalized multilevel modulus and soft decision-directed scheme for high-order qam cable downstream receivers. IEEE Trans. Consum. Electron. 56(4), 2132–2140 (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Karaoguz, J., Ardalan, S.H.: A soft decision-directed blind equalization algorithm applied to equalization of mobile communication channels. In: IEEE International Conference on Communications, 1992. ICC ’92, Conference Record, Supercomm/icc ’92, Discovering A New World of Communications, vol. 1273, pp. 1272–1276 (1992)Google Scholar
- Picchi, G., Prati, G.: Blind equalization and carrier recovery using a “Stop-and-Go” decision-directed algorithm. In: IEEE Transactions on Communications COM-35(COM-35), pp. 877–887 (1980)Google Scholar
- Ready, M.J., Gooch, R.P.: Blind equalization based on radius directed adaptation. International Conference on Acoustics 3, vol. 1693, pp. 1699–1702. IEEE, Albuquerque, USA (1990)Google Scholar
- Zhou, X., Yu, J., Huang, M.F., Shao, Y., Wang, T., Magill, P., Cvijetic, M., Nelson, L., Birk, M., Zhang, G.: Transmission of 32-Tb/s capacity over 580 km using RZ-shaped PDM-8QAM modulation format and cascaded multimodulus blind equalization algorithm. J. Lightw. Technol. 28(4), 456–465 (2010)ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar