Nonlinear optical properties of new synthesized conjugated organic molecules based on pyrimidine and oxazepine
The third order nonlinear optical properties were reported for a new synthesized molecules based on triazepine and thianine, using the third harmonic generation (THG) technique. After synthesis, the powders were deposited on glass substrates using dip coating technique in order get thin films. These thin films were characterized, by different techniques, we mention the absorption and X-ray diffraction. The measurements of third order nonlinear optical susceptibilities were performed on these thin films, using the THG technique at 1064 nm. These investigations were completed by theoretical studies, using energy levels theory HOMO–LUMO and the second order hyperpolarizabilities (γ) results. Good agreement was obtained between the theoretical and experimental results.
KeywordsConjugated organic molecules Nonlinear optics THG Second order hyperpolarizabilities
This work was supported by “Académie Hassan II des Sciences et Techniques”, Rabat, Morocco. Calculations have been carried out in Wroclaw Centre for Networking and Supercomputing (http://www.wcss.pl), Grant No. 282.
- Achelle, S., Baudequin, C.: Recent advances in pyrimidine derivatives as luminescent, photovoltaic and ono-linear optical materials. Targets Heterocycl. Syst. 17, 1–34 (2013)Google Scholar
- Ahluwalia, V.K., Batla, R., Khuranaand, A., Kumar, R.: Synthesis of 1,3-diaryl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-7,7-diethyl-5-methyl-4-oxo-2-thioxo- 7H- pyrano(2,3-d)pyrimidines. Indian J. Chem. 29B, 1141 (1990)Google Scholar
- Bogaard, M.P., Orr, B.J., Buckingham, A.D. (Ed.): MTP International Review of Science, vol. 2, pp. 149–194. Butterworths, London (1975)Google Scholar
- Fuuya, S., Ohtaki, T.: Pyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidines and their uses as anatagonists, Eur. Patent, 608565, Chem. Abstr. 121, 205395, (1994)Google Scholar
- Gaussian 09: Revision D.01, Gaussian, Inc., Wallingford CT, Official Gaussian 09 Literature Citation (2009)Google Scholar
- Heber, D., Heersand, C., Ravens, U.: Positive inotropic activity of 5-amino-6-cyano-1,3-dimethyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyrido[2,3-d]pyrim idine-2,4-dione in cardiac muscle from guinea-pig and man. Part 6: compounds with positive inotropic activity. Die Pharm. 48(7), 537–541 (1993)Google Scholar
- Khurana, J.M., Nandand, B., Saluja, P.: DBU: a highly efficient catalyst for one-pot synthesis of substituted 3,4-dihydropyrano[3,2-c]chromenes, dihydropyrano-[4,3-b] pyranes, 2-amino-4Hbenzo[h]chromenes and 2-amino-4H benzo[g]chromenes in aqueous medium. Tetrahedron 66(30), 5637–5641 (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Shen, J., Cheng, W.-D., Wu, D.-S., Li, X.-D., Lan, Y.-Z., Zhang, H., Gong, Y.-J., Li, F.-F., Huang, S.-P.: Modeling of configurations and third-order nonlinear optical properties of methyl silsesquioxanes. J. Chem. Phys. 122, 20470–204709 (2005)Google Scholar