High-resolution, low-injection-signal-power optical sampling
- 86 Downloads
We have demonstrated a high-resolution, low-injection-signal-power optical sampling system using a 20-m-length dispersion-flattened photonics crystal fiber as optical sampling gate, and employing bridge-form low noise optical fiber amplifier. Optical pulse trains with −35 dBm input power and 1.25 ps interval were clearly displayed by using our all optical sampling system. To measure the temporal resolution of system accurately, optical pulse trains from a commercial 40 GHz actively mode-locked fiber laser, were injected into the optical sampling system and an autocorrelator with 5-fs resolution, respectively. 1.02 and 0.83 ps pulse-width were obtained by using our optical sampling system and the autocorrelator, respectively. These measured results show that the resolution of the system is as high as 0.6 ps.
KeywordsOptical sampling Time division multiplexing Mode-lock laser
This work was supported by Natural Science Foundation of China (61275164), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) through a project of the Vital Instrument Research Program (YZ200759) and the CAS/SAFEA International Partnership Program for Creative Research Teams.
- Ji, H., Hu, H., Galili, M., Oxenlowe, L.K., Pu, M., Yvind, K., Hvam, J.M., Jeppesen, P.: Optical waveform sampling and error-free demultiplexing of 1.28 Tbit/s serial data in silicon nanowire. In: Proceedings of the 2010 Optical Fiber Communication Conference Paper PDPC7 (2010)Google Scholar
- Liu, Y.S., Zhang, J.G., Zhao, W.: Design of wideband, high-resolution optical waveform samplers based on a dispersion-flattened highly nonlinear photonic crystal fiber. J. Opt. A Pure Appl. Opt. 14, 2040–8978 (2012)Google Scholar
- Mats, S., Greg, R., Andrew, L.A., Andreson, Peter A.: Quasi-real-time optical sampling scheme for high-speed signal acquisition and processing. IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 25, 1041–1135 (2013)Google Scholar
- NL-1550-POS-1 Nonlinear Photonic Crystal Fiber http://nktphotonics.com/files/NL-1550-POS-1-100409.pdf
- Richard, I.L., Michael, N.Z., David, N.P.: Erbium-doped fiber amplifier with 54 dB gain and 3.1 dB noise figure. IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 12, 1345–1347 (1992)Google Scholar
- Schmidt, C., Schubert, C., Watanabe, S., Futami, F., Ludwig, R., Weber, H.G.: 320 Gb/s all-optical eye diagram sampling using gain-transparent ultrafast nonlinear interferometer. In: Proceedings of the 28th European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC’02), pp. 1–10. Copenhagen, Denmark (2002)Google Scholar
- Tokle, T., Anderson, P.A., Geng, Y., Zsigri, B., Peucheret, C., Jepppesen, P.: Generation, transmission and wavelength conversion an 80 Gbit/s RZ-DBPSK-ASK signal. Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics. p. 294 (2005)Google Scholar