Novel cobweb-topology WDM access network architecture featuring ultra-high reliability and easy scalability
- 161 Downloads
A wavelength division multiplexing access network architecture with cobweb topology is proposed in this paper. It can be a candidate for metro access network with high reliability in the future. This architecture can provide two protection methods. The protection strategy which can maximize the protected traffic is elaborated in the context. Mathematical models of system performance such as network scale and link reliability are established and analyzed in this paper.
KeywordsWavelength division multiplexing Cobweb topology Access network High reliability Protection strategy Network scale Link reliability
This work is supported by Programs of Natural Science Foundation of China (No.61132004 and 61275073), Shanghai Science and Technology Development Funds (No. 11511502500 and 11510500500), Shanghai Leading Academic Discipline Project and STCSM (No. S30108 and 08DZ2231100).
- Chen, J., Wosinska, L., Niaz Chughtai, M., Forzati, M.: Scalable passive optical network architecture for reliable service delivery. J. Opt. Commun. Netw 3, 667–673 (2011)Google Scholar
- Cheng, X., Yeo, Y.-K., Shao, X., Wang, Y., Yaohui, B.: A novel distributed self-protection scheme for WDM-PON using a circulator-AWG based wavelength router. In: Communications and Networking in China (CHINACOM), pp. 1–4 (2010)Google Scholar
- Chowdhury, A., Chien, H.-C., Fan, S.-H., Liu, C., Su, C. Chang, G.-K.: A survivable protection and restoration scheme using wavelength switching of integrated tunable optical transmitter for high throughput WDM-PON system. In: Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC/NFOEC), and the National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference, pp. 1–3 (2011)Google Scholar
- Diao, S.L.: The Security Assessment of Power System Optical Fiber Communication, Chaps. 2, 3, pp. 12–23. North China Electric Power University (2007)Google Scholar
- Hattori, K., Nakagawa, M., Kimishima, N., Katayama, M., Misawa, A., Hiramatsu, A.: Proposed optical multicasting method using tunable lasers and cyclic AWGs. OECC 2012, pp. 22–23 (2008)Google Scholar
- Ishii, K., Hasegawa, H., Sato, K., Kamei, S., Takahashi, H., Okuno, M.: Monolithically integrated waveband selective switch using cyclic AWGs. In: ECOC 2008, pp. 93–94 (2008)Google Scholar
- Tran, A.V., Chae, C.-J.,Tucker, R.S.: Ethernet PON or WDM PON: a comparison of cost and reliability. In: TENCON 2005, 2005 IEEE Region 10, pp. 1–6 (2005)Google Scholar
- Yeh, C.H., Chow, C.W., Shih, F.Y., Wu, Y.F., Chi, S.: An optical switch-based self-restored WDM-PON architecture against fiber faults. In: Communications and Photonics Conference and Exhibition (ACP), pp. 136–137 (2010)Google Scholar