1D atom localization via probe absorption spectrum in a four-level cascade-type atomic system
- 174 Downloads
We present a simple scheme of atom localization in a subwavelength domain via manipulation of probe absorption spectrum in a four-level atomic system. Due to the joint quantum interference induced by the standing-wave and radio-frequency driving fields, the localization peak position and number as well as the conditional position probability can be controlled by properly adjusting the system parameters. The proposed scheme may provide a promising way to achieve high-precision and high-resolution 1D atom localization.
KeywordsAtom localization Probe absorption spectrum Four-level atomic system
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 11205001).
- Ding, C.L., Li, J.H., Yang, X.X., Zhang, D., Xiong, H.: Proposal for efficient two-dimensional atom localization using probe absorption in a microwave-driven four-level atomic system. Phys. Rev. A 84, 043840 (2011)Google Scholar
- Proite, N.A., Simmons, Z.J., Yavuz, D.D.: Observation of atomic localization using electromagnetically induced transparency. Phys. Rev. A 83, 041803(R) (2011)Google Scholar
- Wan, R.G., Zhang, T.Y., Kou, J.: Two-dimensional sub-half-wavelength atom localization via phase control of absorption and gain. Phys. Rev. A 87, 043816 (2013)Google Scholar
- Wang, Z., Jiang, J.: Sub-half-wavelength atom localization via probe absorption spectrum in a four-level atomic system. Phys. Lett. A 374, 4853–4858 (2010)Google Scholar
- Wang, Z., Yu, B., Zhu, J., Cao, Z., Zhen, S., Wu, X., Xu, F.: Atom localization via controlled spontaneous emission in a five-level atomic system. Ann. Phys. (New York) 327, 1132–1145 (2012a)Google Scholar
- Wang, Z., Yu, B., Xu, F., Zhen, S., Wu, X.: Efficient two-dimensional atom localization via spontaneous emission in a single decay channel. Appl. Phys. B 108, 479–486 (2012b)Google Scholar