Complex chaos and bifurcations of semiconductor lasers subjected to optical injection
- 154 Downloads
This paper presents the nonlinear dynamics and bifurcations of optically injection semiconductor lasers in the frame of relative weak injection strength. We consider the new modified rate equations model established recently and the behavior of the system is explored by means of bifurcation diagrams. However, the exact nature of the involved dynamics is well described by a detailed study of the changes of dynamics as a function of the effective gain coefficient. As results, we notice symmetry spectra of intensity, the sudden transition between chaos and stable limit cycle, double scroll attractors together with the phenomenon of a sequence of period-doubling route of chaos, strict crisis between the two basins attraction and the boundary crisis as well as the effects of frequency detuning and linewidth enhancement factor on the nonlinear behaviors.
KeywordsChaos Bifurcations Semiconductor lasers Optical injection Double scroll attractors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Agrawal G.P., Dutta N.K.: Semiconductor Lasers. Reinhold, New York (1993)Google Scholar
- Chua L.O.: Global unfolding of Chua’s circuit. IEICE Trans. Fundam. Electron. Commun. Comput. Sci. E76-A, 704–734 (1993)Google Scholar
- Golubitsky M., Schaeffer D.G.: Singularities and Groups in Bifurcation Theory I, Applied Mathematical Sciences. Springer, Berlin (1985)Google Scholar
- Kennedy, M. P.: Chua’s circuit—Encyclopedia of nonlinear science. In: Scott, A. (ed.), pp. 136–138. Routledge, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- Ohtsubo J.: Semiconductor Lasers: Stability, Instability and Chaos. Springer, Berlin-verlag (2006)Google Scholar
- Weiss C.O., Vilaseca R.: Dynamics of Lasers. VCH, Weinheim (1991)Google Scholar