Light propagation in 1D photonic crystals with dissipation
- 172 Downloads
Light propagation in one-dimensional (1D) photonic crystals with dissipation (including metal layers) is studied analytically. The proper effective refractive indices and extinctions of dissipative layers in case of oblique incidence are introduced. Then, the formalism available for nondissipative photonic crystals is modified by replacing the conventional refractive indices with effective ones. Propagation in a bilayer dielectric-metallic crystal is computed as an example.
Keywords1D dissipative photonic crystals Bandgaps Bragg resonances Transfer matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Born M., Wolf E.: Principles of Optic, 7th edn. Cambridge, London (1999)Google Scholar
- Chen S., Wang Y., Yao D., Song Z.: Absorption enhancement in 1D Ag/Si02 metallic-dielectric photonic crystals. Opt. Appl. 39, 473–479 (2009)Google Scholar
- Duyar O., Placido F., Durusoy H.Z.: Optimization of TiO2 films prepared by reactive electron beam evaporation of Ti3O5. J. Phys. D Appl. Phys. 41, Article No. 095307 (2008) (1994)Google Scholar
- Landau L.D., Lifshitz E.M., Pitaevskii L.P.: Electrodynamics of Continuous Media. 2nd edn. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford (1984)Google Scholar
- Levin M.L.: Propagation of a plane electromagnetic wave in a periodic layered medium. Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 18, 1399–1404 (1948)Google Scholar
- Nusinsky I., Hardy A.A.: Band-gap analysis of one-dimensional photonic crystals and conditions for gap closing. Phys. Rev. B 73, Article No. 125104 (2006) (1999)Google Scholar