Wideband Gain and Noise Figure Modelling in SOA
Modelling Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers (SOA) is of great interest for their multi-functional application studies. We defined a wideband model thanks to SOA material gain and spontaneous emission wideband definitions. We managed to fit simulations for several SOAs for a wide range of input wavelengths, bias currents and input optical powers.
Keywordsgain noise figure semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA) spontaneous emission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baney, D.M., P. Gallion and R.S. Tucker. Opt Fiber Technol. 6(2) 2000.Google Scholar
- Boucher, Y. and A. Sharaiha. IEEE J Quantum Electron. 36(6) 2000.Google Scholar
- Connely, M.J. IEEE J Quantum Electron. 37(3) 2001.Google Scholar
- Giuliani, G., D. D’Alessandro. IEEE J Lightwave Technol. 18(9) 2000.Google Scholar
- Leuthold, J. and al., J Appl Phys. 87(1) 2000.Google Scholar
- Talli, G. and M.J. Adams. IEEE J Quantum Electron. 39(10) 2003.Google Scholar