A constraint-following control for uncertain mechanical systems: given force coupled with constraint force
- 116 Downloads
A novel constraint-following control for uncertain mechanical systems is proposed. In mechanical systems, certain given forces may arise due to the constraint forces, which means the given forces are coupled with the constraint forces. By using the second-order form of the constraints, the given forces are decoupled explicitly. The uncertainty of the mechanical system is time-varying and bounded. But its bound is unknown. A series of adaptive parameters are invoked to estimate the bound information of the uncertainty in virtue of state feedback. Based on the estimated bound information, a robust control is designed to render the mechanical system an approximate constraint-following. The system performance under the control is guaranteed as uniform boundedness and uniform ultimate boundedness.
KeywordsMechanical system Constraint-following Robust control Given force Constraint force
Ruiying Zhao is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51605038) and Natural Science Basic Research Plan in Shaanxi Province of China (No. 2017JQ5034). Shengjie Jiao is supported by the National Science and Technology Pillar Program (No. 2015BAF07B08).
- 4.Whittaker, E.T.: A Treatise on The Analytical Dynamics of Particles and Rigid Bodies. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1993)Google Scholar
- 16.Gantmacher, L.: Lectures in Analytical Mechanics. Mir Publishing, Mosocow (1970)Google Scholar
- 17.Greenwood, D.T.: Classical Dynamics. Dover, New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 18.Shang, W., Cong, S.: Adaptive compensation of dynamics and friction for a planar parallel manipulator with redundant actuation. In: Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 507–512 (2010)Google Scholar
- 21.Chen, Y.H., Leitmann, G., Chen, J.S.: Robust control for rigid serial manipulators: a general setting. In: Proceedings of the 1998 American Control Conference, vol. 2, pp. 912–916 (1998)Google Scholar
- 27.Jin, X., Qin, J., Shi, Y., et al.: Auxiliary fault tolerant control with actuator amplitude saturation and limited rate. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. 99, 1–10 (2017)Google Scholar