A joint encryption and error correction scheme based on chaos and LDPC
- 9 Downloads
Although some cryptosystems based on error correction code have been presented, the security and efficiency must be overcome before it can be realized. In this paper, a novel method of combined encryption and error correction based on hyperchaotic system and lower-density parity check (LDPC) code is proposed to provide both of the security and efficiency. The proposed system adopts a pseudorandom sequence generator based on hyperchaotic system for scrambling the plaintext and constructing the dynamic permutation box. The message is encoded by the LDPC encoder after it was scrambled and then encrypted by the permutation box. Different permutation patterns generated for different message blocks help to provide high security, while the encoder helps to provide capacity of error correction. MATLAB simulations reveal that the proposed scheme is more secure and effective than the existing joint encryption and error correction coding scheme. Moreover, the full error correction ability of LDPC is kept without confliction. So, the proposed scheme is suitable for secure communication system.
KeywordsCryptosystem Error correction Hyperchaotic LDPC code
This work was supported by the Foundation of Science and Technology on Information Assurance Laboratory (No. KJ-17-004), 2017 Weihai University Co-construction Project.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflicts of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Mceliece, R. J.: A public-key crypto-system based on algebraic coding theory. Deep Space Network Progress Report, pp. 114–116 (1978)Google Scholar
- 2.Xinmei, W.: Generalization of M public-key cryptosystem and analysis of its performance on noisy channel. Acta Electron. Sin. 14, 84–90 (1986)Google Scholar
- 9.Xiao, Y., Zhao, Y., Lee, M.H.: Encrypting LDPC-codec. In: International Conference on Signal Processing. Beijing, China (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Yao, J., Liu, J., Yang, Y.: Joint encryption and error correction technical research applied an efficient turbo code. Int. J. Secur. Appl. 9, 31–46 (2015)Google Scholar
- 18.Zhang, W., MAO, Q.: Error-correcting and encryption joint coding scheme based on turbo code. Radio Commun. Technol. 38, 29–32 (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.Stuart, C.M., Deepthi, P.P.: Low complex system for physical layer security using NLFG and QCLDPC code. Int. Symp. Secur. Comput. Commun. 467, 313–324 (2014)Google Scholar
- 20.Chen, Z., Yin, L., Pei, Y., Lu, J.: CodeHop: physical layer error correction and encryption with LDPC-based code hopping. Sci. China Inf. Sci. 59, 1–15 (2016)Google Scholar
- 21.Stuart, C.M., Spandana, K., Dhanaraj, K.J., Pattathil, D.P.: Design and implementation of hardware efficient modified Rao–Nam scheme with high security for wireless sensor networks. J. Inf. Secur. Appl. 29, 65–79 (2016)Google Scholar
- 23.Stuart, CM, Deepthi, P.P.: FPGA implementation of highly secure, hardware-efficient QCLDPC code. Based nonlinear cryptosystem for wireless sensor networks. Int. J. Commun. Syst. (2017). https://doi.org/10.1002/dac.3233