Spatiotemporal soliton clusters in strongly nonlocal media with variable potential coefficients
- 164 Downloads
We study analytically and numerically spatiotemporal solitons in three-dimensional strongly nonlocal nonlinear media. A broad class of exact self-similar solutions to the strongly nonlocal Schrödinger equation with variable potential coefficients has been obtained. We find robust soliton cluster solutions of the accessible type, constructed with the help of Kummer and Hermite functions. They are characterized by the set of three quantum numbers. Dynamical features of these spatiotemporal accessible solitons are discussed. The validity of the analytical solutions and their stability is verified by means of direct numerical simulations.
KeywordsLight bullet Strongly nonlocal nonlinear Nonlinear Schrödinger equation
This work is supported in China by the Department of Science of Hubei Province of China (Grant Nos. 2015CFC779, 2013CFC011), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61340042) and the Educational Commission of Hubei Province of China (Grant No. D20142803). In addition, work in Qatar is supported by the NPRP 6-021-1-005 Project with the Qatar National Research Fund and in China by the Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province under Grant No. 1015283001000000. MRB also acknowledges Al Sraiya Holding Group in Qatar, for additional support.
- 7.Mihalache, D.: Linear and nonlinear light bullets: recent theoretical and experimental studies. Roman. J. Phys. 57, 352–371 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Mihalache, D.: Multidimensional localized structures in optics and Bose–Einstein condensates: a selection of recent studies. Roman. J. Phys. 59, 295–312 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Mihalache, D.: Localized structures in nonlinear optical media: a selection of recent studies. Roman. Rep. Phys. 67, 1383–1400 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Kivshar, Y.S., Agrawal, G.P.: Optical Solitons: From Fibers to Photonic Crystals. Academic, San Diego (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Guo, Q., Luo, B., Yi, F., Chi, S., Xie, Y.: Large phase shift of nonlocal optical spatial solitons. Phys. Rev. E 69, 383–391 (2004)Google Scholar
- 21.Alexander, D., Neshev, D.N., Dan, E.P., Bang, O., Krolikowski, W.: Observation of attraction between dark solitons. Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 043901–043904 (2005)Google Scholar
- 28.Krolikowski, W., Mccarthy, G., Saffman, M., Bang, O., Wyller, J., Rasmussen, J.J., Columbus, F.: In: Arkin, W.T. (ed.) Trends in Lasers and Electro-Optics Research, p. 226. Nova Publishers, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 31.Xu, S.-L., Liu, H., Yi, L.: Two-dimensional Kummer–Gaussian soliton clusters in strongly nonlocal nonlinear media. Acta Phys. Sin. 59(2), 1069–1074 (2010)Google Scholar