Stability analysis and constrained fuzzy tracking control of positive nonlinear systems
- 365 Downloads
This paper is concerned with stability and tracking control of positive nonlinear systems via Takagi–Sugeno (T–S) fuzzy modeling. Firstly, some less conservative stability conditions for positive nonlinear systems that can be represented by a class of positive T–S fuzzy model with only nonnegative state variables are derived by proposing the so-called quadratic copositive Lyapunov functions. Secondly, a constrained control via the parallel distributed compensation scheme is designed to stabilize a positive nonlinear system, while imposing positivity in closed loop, upon which a constrained fuzzy tracking controller is also given to guarantee the tracking performance and positivity in closed loop. Finally, a numerical example is provided to show the advantages of the proposed methods, and an example of a real plant is presented to demonstrate the controller design scheme.
KeywordsPositive nonlinear systems T–S fuzzy system Quadratic copositive Lyapunov function Constrained tracking control
This work was partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61203123) and the Shandong Provincial Natural Science Foundation, China (ZR2012FQ019).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 5.Rami, M. A.: Stability analysis and synthesis for linear positive systems with time-varying delays. In: Proceedings of the 3rd Multidisciplinary International Symposium on Positive Systems: Theory and Applications (POSTA 2009), pp 205–215 (2009)Google Scholar
- 18.Imsland, L., Eikrem, G.O., Foss, B.A.: A state feedback controller for a class of nonlinear positive systems applied to stabilization of gas-lifted oil wells. N Control Eng. Pract. 3, 7–15 (2006)Google Scholar
- 30.Pan, Y., Furuta, K.: Control synthesis of continuous-time TS fuzzy systems with local nonlinear models. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Part B 39(5), 1245–1258 (2006)Google Scholar
- 36.Zhang, J., Shi, P., Xia, Y.: Fuzzy delay compensation control for TS fuzzy systems over network. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Part B 41(3), 259–268 (2012)Google Scholar
- 38.El Hajjaji, A., Chadli, M.: Commande basée sur la mod élisation floue de type Takagi-Sugeno d’un procédé expé rimental à quatre cuves. Rev. Sci. Technol. Automat. e-STA. 6(3), 46–51 (2009)Google Scholar
- 39.Benzaouia, A., El Hajjaji, A.: Delay-dependent stabilization conditions of controlled positive T–S fuzzy systems with time varying delay. Int. J. Innov. Comput. Info. Control 7(4), 1533–1547 (2011)Google Scholar
- 41.Benzaouia, A., Oubah, R., El Hajjaji, A., Tadeo, F.: Stability and stabilization of positive Takagi-Sugeno fuzzy continuous systems with delay. In: 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Orlando, FL, pp 8279–8284 (2011)Google Scholar