A novel image encryption scheme based on 2-D logistic map and DNA sequence operations
- 465 Downloads
This paper proposes a novel image encryption scheme based on DNA sequence operations and chaotic system. Firstly, two-dimensional logistic chaotic map is employed to modify each pixel of the image, and then, the DNA encoding rules are adopted to encode and generate a DNA matrix. Secondly, pseudo-random sequences generated by two-dimensional logistic map are transformed into another DNA matrix. Thirdly, DNA addition, subtraction and complementary rules are used to control the operations between two DNA matrices for obtaining the ciphered results. Finally, the ciphered image is obtained by decoding the DNA matrix formulations into binary formulations. Experimental results and theoretical analysis show that the scheme is extraordinarily high secure to resist various attacks.
KeywordsImage encryption DNA coding DNA sequence operation 2-D logistic chaotic map
This research is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos: 61370145, 61173183 and 60973152), the Doctoral Program Foundation of Institution of Higher Education of China (No: 20070141014), Program for Liaoning Excellent Talents in University (No: LR2012003), the National Natural Science Foundation of Liaoning province (No: 20082165) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No: DUT12JB06).
- 9.Wheeler, D.D.: Problems with chaotic cryptosystems. Cryptologia 7(11), 243–250 (1991)Google Scholar
- 12.Ren, X.X., Liao, X.F., Xiong, Y.H, Y.: New image encryption algorithm based on cellular neural network. J. Comput. Appl. 31(6), 1528–1530 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Head, T., Rozenberg, G., Bladergroen, R.S., Breek, C.K.D., Lommerse, P.H.M., Spaink, H.P.: Computing with DNA by operating on plasmids. Biosystems 57(2), 87–93 (2000)Google Scholar
- 23.Zhang, Q., Xue, X.L., Wei, X.P.: A novel image encryption algorithm based on DNA subsequence operation. Sci. World J. 2012, 286741 (2012)Google Scholar
- 24.Liu, H.J., Wang, X.Y., Kadir, A.: Image encryption using DNA complementary rule and chaotic maps. Appl. Soft Comput. 12(5), 1457–1466 (2012)Google Scholar
- 25.SaberiKamarposhti, M., AlBedawi, I., Mohamad, D.: A new hybrid method for image encryption using DNA sequence and chaotic logistic map. Aust. J. Basic Appl. Sci. 2012, 371–380 (2012)Google Scholar