Leaderless and leader-follower cooperative control of multiple marine surface vehicles with unknown dynamics
- 684 Downloads
Unlike the tracking control of a single marine vehicle, this paper considers the leaderless and leader-follower cooperative control of multiple marine surface vehicles subject to unknown nonlinear dynamics and ocean disturbances, all seeking to maintain a relative formation. For both cases, a cooperative control design approach is proposed by integrating neural networks, a backstepping technique, and graph theory. It is shown that with the developed cooperative controllers, formation behavior among vehicles can be achieved for any undirected connected communication graphs without requiring the accurate model of each vehicle. Based on Lyapunov stability analysis, all signals in the closed-loop system are guaranteed to be uniformly ultimately bounded, and cooperative tracking errors converge to a small neighborhood of the origin. Simulation results are given to show the efficacy of the proposed methods.
KeywordsCooperative control Marine surface vehicles Neural networks Nonlinear dynamics
The authors would like to thank the editor and any reviewers for their constructive comments and suggestions, which have improved the quality of the paper. This work was supported in part by the National Nature Science Foundation of China under Grants 61273137, 51209026, 61074017, 51179019, and in part by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities under Grant 3132013037, and in part by the Program for Liaoning Excellent Talents in University under Grant LR 2012016.
- 16.Das, A., Lewis, F.L.: Distributed adaptive control for synchronization of unknown nonlinear networked systems. Automatica 59(9), 543–552 (2010) Google Scholar
- 21.Chopra, N., Spong, M.W.: Passivity-based control of multi-agent systems. Adv. Robot Control 107–134 (2007) Google Scholar
- 24.Skjetne, R., Moi, S., Fossen, T.I.: Nonlinear formation control of marine craft. In: IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, vol. 2, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, pp. 1699–1704 (2002) Google Scholar
- 25.Arrichiello, F., Chiaverini, S., Fossen, T.I.: Formation control of underactuated surface vessels using the null-space-based behavioral control. In: Inter. Conf. on Intel. Robot. and Systems, Beijing, China, pp. 5942–5947 (2006) Google Scholar
- 32.Fossen, T.I.: Marine Control System: Guidance, Navigation and Control of Ships, Rigs and Underwater Vehicles. Marine Cybernetics, Trondheim (2002) Google Scholar
- 34.Krstić, M., Kanellakopoulos, I., Kokotovic, P.: Nonlinear and Adaptive Control Design. Wiley, New York (1995) Google Scholar
- 35.Khalil, H.K.: Nonlinear Systems. Prentice Hall, New York (1996) Google Scholar