A three-party password-based authenticated key exchange protocol with user anonymity using extended chaotic maps
- 483 Downloads
In this paper, we propose a scheme utilizing three-party password-based authenticated key exchange protocol with user anonymity using extended chaotic maps, which is more efficient and secure than previously proposed schemes. In order to enhance the efficiency and security, we use the extended chaotic maps to encrypt and decrypt the information transmitted by the user or the server. In addition, the proposed protocol provides user anonymity to guarantee the identity of users, which is transmitted in the insecure public network.
KeywordsAnonymity Chaotic maps Authenticated key exchange Password-based Three-party
This research was partially supported by the National Science Council, Taiwan, R.O.C., under contract no.: NSC 101-2221-E-030-018 and NSC 101-2221-E-165-002. We also thank Morton W. Belcher, III, M.S.L.S., for his opinions with regard to this research project.
- 1.Abdalla, M., Pointcheval, D.: Interactive Diffie-Hellman Assumptions with Applications to Password-Based Authentication. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3570, pp. 341–356 (2005) Google Scholar
- 6.Deng, M., Ma, J., Le, F.: Universally composable three party password-based key exchange protocol. China Commun. 6(3), 150–154 (2009) Google Scholar
- 8.Hassan, M.I., Abdullah, A.: A new grid resource discovery framework. Int. Arab J. Inf. Technol. 8(1), 99–107 (2011) Google Scholar
- 19.Lo, J.W., Lee, J.Z., Hwang, M.S., Chu, Y.P.: An advanced password authenticated key exchange protocol for imbalanced wireless networks. J. Internet Technol. 11(7), 997–1004 (2010) Google Scholar
- 20.Lo, J.W., Lin, S.C., Hwang, M.S.: A parallel password-authenticated key exchange protocol for wireless environments. Inf. Technol. Control 39(2), 146–151 (2010) Google Scholar
- 24.Pathak, H.K., Sanghi, M.: Simple three party key exchange protocol via twin Diffie-Hellman problem. Int. J. Netw. Secur. 15(4), 201–209 (2013) Google Scholar
- 26.Tsai, C.S., Lee, C.C., Hwang, M.S.: Password authentication schemes: current status and key issues. Int. J. Netw. Secur. 3(2), 101–115 (2006) Google Scholar
- 30.Wu, S., Chen, K., Zhu, Y.: Enhancements of a Three-Party Password-Based Authenticated Key Exchange Protocol. Int. Arab J. Inf. Technol. 10(3) (2013) Google Scholar
- 33.Yong, Z., Jianfeng, M., Moon, S.: An improvement on a three-party password-based key exchange protocol using Weil pairing. Int. J. Netw. Secur. 11(1), 17–22 (2010) Google Scholar