Nonlinear dynamics analysis of a two-dimensional thin panel with an external forcing in incompressible subsonic flow
- 240 Downloads
Based on the potential theory of incompressible flow and the energy method, a two-dimensional simply supported thin panel subjected to external forcing and uniform incompressible subsonic flow is theoretically modeled. The nonlinear cubic stiffness and viscous damper in the middle of the panel is considered. Transformation of the governing partial differential equation to a set of ordinary differential equations is performed through the Galerkin method. The stability of the fixed points of the panel system is analyzed. The regions of different motion types of the panel system are investigated in different parameter spaces. The rich dynamic behaviors are presented as bifurcation diagrams, phase-plane portraits, Poincaré maps and maximum Lyapunov exponents based on carefully numerical simulations.
KeywordsPotential theory Subsonic flow Parameter spaces Bifurcation Chaos
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Jeromr, C.R.: A train for the 21st century. Rail Int., 2–8 (1994) Google Scholar
- 5.Kobayashi, S.: Flutter of a simply supported rectangular panels in a supersonic flow-two dimensional panel flutter, I simply supported, II clamped panels. Trans. Jpn. Soc. Aeron. Space Sci. 5, 79–119 (1962) Google Scholar
- 19.Ye, M., Chen, Y.S.: Period doubling bifurcation in elastic bulked beam under parametric excitation. Acta Mech. Solida Sin. 19, 361–164 (1998) Google Scholar
- 22.Awrejcewicz, J.: Bifurcations and Chaos in Simple Dynamical Systems. World Scientific, Singapore (1989), 126 pp. Google Scholar
- 23.Awrejcewicz, J.: Bifurcations and Chaos in Coupled Oscillators. World Scientific, Singapore (1991), 245 pp. Google Scholar
- 27.Zhang, J.Y., Yang, Y.R., Zeng, J.: An algorithm criterion for Hopf bifurcation and its application in vehicle dynamic. Acta Mech. Sin. 32, 596–605 (2000) Google Scholar