A Chaotic Circuit with Ferroelectric Nonlinearity
- 134 Downloads
In this paper, the possibility of observing strange attractors in an electronic circuit including a nonlinear ferroelectric component has been investigated. The ferroelectric constitutes the medium interposed between the two plates of a capacitor. A circuit including the nonlinearity of the ferroelectric has been designed, while the parameters have been found by performing numerical integration with respect to different values of them. The circuit has been realized on a discrete components board. Experimental results, showing that for a suitable range of parameters a chaotic attractor emerges, are reported.
Key Wordschaos nonlinear circuits ferroelectric
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Madan, R. N.,Chua's Circuit: A Paradigm for Chaos. World Scientific Series on Nonlinear Sciences, Series B, Vol. 1, World Scientific, Singapore, 1993.Google Scholar
- 6.Nishio, Y. and Mori, S., ‘Chaotic phenomena in an LCR oscillator with a hysteresis inductor’, in1991 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Singapore, 5, 1991, 2873–2876.Google Scholar
- 10.Jiang, B., Zurcher, P., Jones, R. E., Gillespie, S. J., and Lee, J. C., ‘Computationally efficient ferroelectric capacitor model for circuit simulation’, in1997 Symposium on VLSI Technology Digest of Technical Papers, Kyoto, Japan, 1997.Google Scholar
- 11.Mayergoyz, I. D.,Mathematical Modelling of Hysteresis, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- 12.Kittel, C.,Introduction to Solid State Physics, Wiley, New York, 1986.Google Scholar
- 13.Arena, P., Baglio, S., Fortuna, L., and Manganaro, G., ‘Hyperchaos from cellular neural networks’,IEE Electron. Lett. 31(4), 1995, 250–251.Google Scholar
- 14.Habel, R., Blochwitz, S., and Beige, H., ‘Controlled chaos in ferroelectric systems,’Applications of Ferroelectrics, 1994, ISAF '94, pp. 229–232.Google Scholar
- 15.Lines, M. E. and Glass, A. M.,Principles and Applications of Ferroelectrics and Related Materials, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1996.Google Scholar