Characterization and source of fog water contaminants in central India
In the present work, chemical characterization and sources of fog water contaminants in the most polluted area of central India, Raipur, and its surroundings are described. The fog water (n = 22) was collected during 2010–2011 from six sites. The physical (i.e., pH, fog amount, electrical conductivity and TDS) and chemical (i.e., F−, Cl−, NO3 −, SO4 2−, NH4 +, Na+, K+, Mg2+, Ca2+, Al, Mn, Fe, Cu, Zn, Pb and Hg) parameters of the fog water were investigated. The effect of meteorology, i.e., temperature, humidity and wind speed, on the precipitation of the fog water contaminants is discussed. The cluster and factor analysis are used to apportion the sources of the contaminants in the fog water.
KeywordsFog water Chemical characterization Sources Central India
- Ambade B (2012) Physico-chemical assessment of rain fog and runoff water. Lap-Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany. ISBN: 978-3-659-30271-8Google Scholar
- Krupa SV (2002) Sampling and physic-chemical analysis of precipitation: a review. Environ Pollut 120:565–594Google Scholar
- Okochi H, Miyake Y, Matsunobu A, Funakura T, Miyashita Y, Nagoya T (2007) Chemical composition of atmospheric water collected on Mt. Fuji during the summer observational campaign, 2006. Program and abstracts on fourth international conference on fog, fog collection and dew, pp 157–160Google Scholar
- Patel KS, Ambade B, Jaiswal NK, Sharma R, Patel RK, Blazhev B, Lautentand M, Bhattacharya P (2012) Arsenic and other heavy metal contamination in central India, understanding the geological and medical interface of arsenic—as 2012 proceedings of the 4th international congress on arsenic in the environment, 22–27 July 2012, Cairns, Australia, pp 38–39, Print ISBN: 978-0-415-63763-3 eBook ISBN: 978-0-203-07880-8Google Scholar
- Skarżyńska K, Polkowska Ż, Namieśnik J (2006) Sampling of atmospheric precipitation and deposits for analysis of atmospheric pollution. J Auto Meth Manag Chem 2006:1–19. doi: 10.1155/JAMMC/2006/26908