The monitoring of the e-government projects realization in the South of Russia
- 135 Downloads
A methodology for electronic government projects’ evaluation, taking into account the specifics of its implementation in the regions of Russia, is provided. Four blocks of interconnected indicators are the base of the assessment. The subsystems of indicators describe the information and communication infrastructure of the region, the information sector condition of the region’s economy, the human development index and the level of online presence of the regional authorities. The rating method is used for the construction of the integral measure. The integral measure, the index of the electronic government development, is calculated according to an additive scheme. The information and analytical system of complex regional electronic government projects’ monitoring is constructed on the basis of the given system of indicators. The methodology approbation is carried out on the regions of the South of Russia with the construction of the regions rating by the index of the electronic government development.
KeywordsE-Government Methodology of evaluation Information and analytical system Monitoring of projects Index of the e-Government development Rating of regions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barnes, S.J., & Vidgen, R. (2008). Interactive e-government: evaluating the web site of the UK inland revenue. In A.-V. Anttiroiko (Ed.), Electronic government: concepts, methodologies, tools and applications (pp. 1139–1157). New York: Information Science Reference.Google Scholar
- 2.Carrizales, T., Holzer, M., Kim, S.T., Kim, C.-G. (2008). Digital governance worldwide: a longitudinal assessment of municipal web sites. In A.-V. Anttiroiko (Ed.), Electronic government: concepts, methodologies, tools and applications (pp. 2884–2902). New York: Information Science Reference.Google Scholar
- 3.Chernyshov, V.N. (2008). Teorija sistem i sistemnyj analiz (The theory of systems and the system analysis). Tambov: Izd-vo Tamb. gos. tehn. un-ta.Google Scholar
- 4.E-Government Survey 2012 E-Government for the People (2012). Department of Economic and Social Affairs. New York.Google Scholar
- 5.Evtjushkin, A.V. Indeks gotovnosti regionov Rossii k jelektronnomu pravitel’stvu (The index of Russian regions’ readiness to the e-Government) / A.V. Evtjushkin, S.B. Shaposhnik. http://www.iis.ru/docs/20050929/Shaposhnik.pdf. Accessed 17 April 2013.
- 6.Global E-Government Survey 2008: From E-Government to Connected Governance (2008). Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Division for Public Administration and Development Management. New York.Google Scholar
- 7.Kalinina, A.E. (2007). Metodologicheskie podhody k issledovaniju jeffektivnosti processov regional’noj informatizacii (The methodological approaches to the efficiency research of the regional informatization processes). Vestnik VolGU. Serija 3. Jekonomika. Jekologija, 11, 86–95.Google Scholar
- 8.Kalinina, A.E. (2012). Formirovanie jelementov jelektronnogo pravitel’stva v organah mestnogo samoupravlenija municipal’nyh obrazovanij (The formation of the electronic government elements in the local governments of the municipalities). Vlast’, 12, 17–21.Google Scholar
- 9.McHenry, W., & Borisov, A. (2006). Measuring e-government: a case study using Russia. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 17, 905–940.Google Scholar
- 10.Pasport gosudarstvennoj programmy Rossijskoj Federacii Informacionnoe obshhestvo (2011–2020 gody). (The passport of the Russian Federation state program Information society (2011 - 2020)). http://www.piorao.nichost.ru/data/2242.doc. Accessed 17 April 2013.
- 11.Pratchett, L., Wingfield, M., Polat, R.K. (2008). Local democracy online: an analysis of local government web sites in England and Wales. In A.-V. Anttiroiko (Ed.), Electronic government: concepts, methodologies, tools and applications (pp. 3687–3703). New York: Information Science Reference.Google Scholar
- 12.Programma Jelektronnaja Rossija (2002–2010 gody). (The program electronic Russia (2002–2010)). http://www.programs-gov.ru/28_1.php. Accessed 17 April 2013.
- 13.Russian Federation Federal State Statistics Service. http://www.gks.ru/. Accessed 6 October 2013.
- 14.Russian Federation Federal State Statistics Service. Resource document. http://www.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_main/rosstat/ru/statistics/publications/catalog/doc_1138623506156. Accessed 6 October 2013.
- 15.The national rating’s assessment technique of the central and local executive bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan from the aspect of the E-Government development. http://www.gosbook.ru/node/10792. Accessed 17 April 2013.
- 16.The User Challenge Benchmarking (2007). The Supply of Online Public Services: 7th Measurement. September 2007 Directorate General for Information Society and Media.Google Scholar
- 17.UN Global E-Government Readiness Report 2005. From E-government to E-inclusion (2005). Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Division for Public Administration and Development Management. New York.Google Scholar
- 18.United Nations E-Government Survey 2010 Leveraging e-government at a time of financial and economic crisis (2010). Department of Economic and Social Affairs. New York.Google Scholar