Proline-Rich Hypothalamic Polypeptide Has Opposite Effects on the Proliferation of Human Normal Bone Marrow Stromal Cells and Human Giant-cell Tumour Stromal Cells
- 64 Downloads
In the present study we carried out experiments in vitro and in vivo and investigated the effect of proline-rich polypeptide (PRP) on the proliferation and effectiveness of colony formation of MMSCs in vitro. Various routes and doses of PRP administration to rats increased the number of MMSCs in bone marrow and spleen. Our research revealed opposite effects of PRP on the proliferation of bone marrow stromal cells obtained from normal humans and stromal cells isolated from a human giant-cell tumour.
KeywordsProline-rich polypeptide (PRP) Giant-cell tumour (GCT) Multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells (MMSCs) Bone marrow
Authors express profound gratitude to Ac.A.A. Galoyan for kindly furnished PRP preparation as well as for his participation and interest to our work and discussion of obtained results.
- 2.Chailakhyan RK, Latsinik NV, Shamsutdinov AG et al (2002) Factors influencing the effectiveness of clonal expansion of cells which form fibroblast colonies in human bone marrow cultures. Dokl Akad Nauk 382(3):417–420Google Scholar
- 3.Latsinik NV, Sidorovich SYu, Fridenstein AJ (1981) The influence of bone marrow trypsinization on the effectiveness of fibroblast colony formation in monolayer cultures. Bull Exp Biol Med 9:356–360Google Scholar
- 4.Chailakhyan RK, Lalykina KS (1969) Spontaneous and induced differentiation of bone tissue in a population of fibroblast-like cells obtained from sustained monolayer cultures of bone marrow and spleen. Dokl Akad Nauk USSR 187(2):473–479Google Scholar
- 5.Chailakhyan RK, Fridenstein AJ, Vasilyev AV (1970) Clone formation in monolayer cultures of bone marrow. Bull Exp Biol Med 2:94–96Google Scholar
- 6.Fridenstein AJ, Chailakhyan RK, Lalykina KS (1970) The development of fibroblast colonies in monolayer cultures of guinea-pig bone marrow and spleen cells. Cell Tissue Kinet 3(4):393–403Google Scholar
- 7.Latsinik NV, Grosheva AG, Narovlyansky AN et al (1987) The clonal nature of fibroblast colonies formed by bone marrow stromal cells in cultures. Bull Exp Biol Med 3:356–358Google Scholar
- 8.Keilis-Borok IV, Latsinik NV, SYu Epichina et al (1971) Fibroblast colony formation in bone marrow monolayer colonies assessed by H3 thymidine inclusion findings. Tsitologiya 8(11):1402–1409Google Scholar
- 9.Gerassimov YuV, Chailakhyan RK, Latsinik NV et al (2001) Changes in the numbers of clonogenic stromal precursor cells in the hemopoietic and lymphoid organs during bone marrow regeneration. Izvestiya Akad Nauk Biol Ser 6:693–703Google Scholar
- 11.Owen M (1988) Marrow stromal stem cells. J Cell Sci 10:63–76Google Scholar