A Weakly Connected Memristive Neural Network for Associative Memory
- 328 Downloads
In this paper, we propose a star-like weakly connected memristive neural network which is organized in such a way that each cell only interacts with the central cells. By using the describing function method and Malkin’s theorem the phase deviation of this dynamical network is obtained. And then, under the Hebbian learning rule the phase deviation is designed as a desired model for associative memory. Moreover, we take the store and recall of digital images as an example to demonstrate the performance of associative memory. The main contribution of this paper is supply a useful mechanism which the new potential circuit element memristor can be used to realize the associative.
KeywordsMemristor Associative memory Malkin’s Theorem Neural networks
This publication was made possible by NPRP grant # NPRP 4-1162-1-181 from the Qatar National Research Fund (a member of Qatar Foundation). The statements made herein are solely the responsibility of the authors. This work was also supported by Natural Science Foundation of China (grant no: 61374078).
- 1.Chua LO (1971) Memristor-the missing circuit element. IEEE Trans Circuits Theory CT–18(5): 507–511Google Scholar
- 6.Peshin YV, Ventra MD (2008) Spin memristive systems: spinmemory effects in semiconductor spintronics. Phys Rev B 78(11):1–4Google Scholar
- 11.Hu J, Wang J (2010) Global uniform asymptotic stability of memristor-based recurrent neural networks with time delays, in 2010. In: International joint conference on neural networks, IJCNN2010. Spain, BarcelonaGoogle Scholar
- 17.Li HQ, Liao XF, Huang TW (2013). Second-order dynamic consensus of multi-agent systems with arbitrarily fast switching topologies. IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern. doi: 10.1109/TSMC.2013.2242466
- 20.He X, Li CD, Huang T, Li CJ (2013) Bogdanov-Takens singularity in tri-neuron network with time delay. IEEE Trans Neural Netw Learning Syst. doi: 10.1109/TNNLS.2013.2238681
- 21.Dong T, Liao XF (2012) Dynamics of congestion control in wireless access networks. Nonlinear Anal Ser B 48:123–132Google Scholar
- 30.Corinto F, Bonnin M, Gilli M (2007) Weakly connected oscillatory networks for pattern recognition via associative memory and dynamic memories. Int J Bifurcation ChaosGoogle Scholar
- 32.Aoyaagi T (1995) Networks or neural oscillators for retrieving phase information. Phys Rev Lett 74: 4075–4078Google Scholar