Neuroepithelial Bodies in the Lungs in Rats
- 36 Downloads
We report here our studies of neuroepithelial bodies (NEB) in the lungs in healthy Wistar rats (n = 12). Immunocytochemical reactions for synaptophysin identified NEB and similar immunopositive nerve terminals. NEB in the lungs in rats were found to be consistently present elements. In contrast to diffuse neuroendocrine elements, these structures were characterized by grouped cells. Some NEB lacked efferent innervation.
Keywordsneuroepithelial bodies neuroendocrine cells synaptophysin lungs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. V. Evsyukova, “ The neuroendocrine system of the human lungs,” Fiziol. Cheloveka, 32, No. 4, 121–130 (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.O. V. Kirik, P. A. Voronchikhin, E. I. Chumasov, and D. E. Korzhevskii, “Utilization of a reaction for synaptophysin for detection of neuroepithelial bodies in rat lungs,” in: Babukhinskie Lecture in Orel, Retinoidy Press, No. 32, 70–71 (2011).Google Scholar
- 3.D. E. Korzhevskii, O. V. Kirik, M. N. Karpenko, et al., Theoretical Basis and Practical Applications of Immunohistochemistry Methods, SpetsLit, St. Petersburg (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.D. E. Korzhevskii, E. G. Sukhorukova, E. G. Gilerovich, et al., “Advantages and deficiencies of the zinc-ethanol-formaldehyde as a fixative for immunocytochemical studies and confocal laser microscopy,” Morfologiya, 144, No. 2, 81–85 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.L. V. Filippova and A. D. Nozdrachev, “Sensory structures of the lungs and airways,” Byull. Sib. Med., 10, No. 3, 100–104 (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.E. I. Chumasov, E. S. Petrova, and D. E. Korzhevskii, “Immunomorphological analysis of the innervation of chromaffin paraganglia of the arteries and heart in mammals,” Zh. Evolyuts. Biokhim., No. 4, 325–331 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.E. I. Chumasov, E. D. Petrova, and D. E. Korzhevskii, “Distribution and structural organization of the nerve apparatus in the rat pancreas,” Morfologiya, 139, No. 3, 51–58 (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.I. Brouns, F. Oztay, I. Pintelon, et al., “Neurochemical pattern of the complex innervation of neuroepithelial bodies in mouse lungs,” Histochem. Cell Biol., 132, No. 2, 34–42 (2008).Google Scholar
- 11.F. Feyrter, “Über diffuse endokrine epithelie Organe,” Zbl. Inn. Med., 545, 31–32 (1938).Google Scholar