Sonochemically synthesized core-shell structured Au–Pd nanoparticles supported on γ-Fe2O3 particles
- 250 Downloads
A sample of Au–Pd bimetallic nanoparticles supported on γ-Fe2O3 was synthesized in a sonochemically one-pot process. The structural analyses of the synthesized sample were performed by the techniques of X-ray Absorption Fine Structure (XAFS), X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) and UV–vis spectrometry. Results indicated that the synthesized sample formed a core-shell structure in which a gold core was surrounded by a thin palladium shell. The reaction rate constant for the hydrogenation of cyclohexene of the present sample showed higher value than that of Pd nanoparticles supported on γ-Fe2O3 and core-shell structured Au–Pd nanoparticles supported on SiO2. The present sample is a promising catalyst material which has a high catalytic activity.
Keywordsnanocomposit catalyst nanostructure EXAFS sonochemically synthesis colloids three-phase mixture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors thank Emeritus Prof. T. Tabata (Osaka Prefecture University) for his critical reading of the manuscript.
- Newville M., 1995. The program documentation of UWXAFS 3.0 package: FEFFIT 2.32. The UWXAFS Project, University of Washington, 16.Google Scholar
- Newville M., B. Ravel, D. Haskel, J.J. Rehr, E.A. Stern & Y.␣Yacoby, 1995. Analysis of multiple-scattering XAFS data using theoretical standards. Physica B 208&209, 154–156.Google Scholar
- Okitsu K., M. Murakami, S. Tanabe & H. Matsumoto, 2000. Catalytic behavior of au core/pd shell bimetallic nanoparticles on silica prepared by sonochemical and sol-gel processes. Chem. Lett. 29, 1336–1337.Google Scholar
- Okitsu K., S. Nagaoka, S. Tanabe, H. Matsumoto, Y. Mizukoshi & Y. Nagata, 1999. Sonochemical preparation of size-controlled palladium nanoparticles on alumina surface. Chem. Lett. 28, 271–272.Google Scholar
- Seino S., T. Kinoshita, Y. Otome, T. Nakagawa, K. Okitsu, Y. Mizukoshi, T. Nakayama, T. Sekino, K. Niihara & T.A. Yamamoto, 2005. Magnetic separation of amino acids by gold/iron-oxide composite nanoparticles synthesized by gamma-ray irradiation. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 293, 106–110.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Teo B.K., 1986. EXAFS: Basic Principles and Data Analysis. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1.Google Scholar