A hybrid defocused region segmentation approach using image matting
- 42 Downloads
In this paper, a hybrid defocused region segmentation using image matting is proposed. The technique incorporates three sharpness metrics which are magnitude spectrum slope, local total variation and local binary patterns to identify the in-focus pixels in the image. Trimap is generated automatically using sharpness maps to obtain the prior information and matting Laplacian is applied to propagate the trimap to the entire image based on color similarities. Simulation results compared using visual and quantitative metrics show the strength of the proposed technique.
KeywordsRegion segmentation Image matting Sharpness maps
- Bahrami, K., Kot, A. C., Fan, J. (2013). A novel approach for partial blur detection and segmentation. In IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, pp. 1–6.Google Scholar
- Chakrabarti, A., Zickler, T., & Freeman, W. T. (2010). Analyzing spatially varying blur. In IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 2512–2519.Google Scholar
- Chen, D. J., Chen, H. T., & Chang, L. W. (2016). Fast defocus map estimation. In International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 3091–3966.Google Scholar
- Couzinie-Devy, F., Sun, J., Alahari, K., & Ponce, J. (2013). Learning to estimate and remove non-uniform image blur. In IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1075–1082.Google Scholar
- Liu, R., Li, Z., & Jia, J. (2008). Image partial blur detection and classification. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1–8.Google Scholar
- Ma, K., Fu, H., Liu, T., Wang, Z., & Tao, D. (2016). Local blur mapping: Exploiting high-level semantics by deep neural networks. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition.Google Scholar
- Shi, J., Xu, L., & Jia, J. (2014a). Blur detection dataset. http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~leojia/projects/dblurdetect/dataset.html.
- Shi, J., Xu, L., & Jia, J. (2014b). Discriminative blur detection features. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 2965–2972.Google Scholar
- Shi, J., Xu, L., & Jia, J. (2015). Just noticeable defocus blur detection and estimation. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 657–665.Google Scholar
- Su, B., Lu, S., & Tan, C. L. (2011). Blurred image region detection and classification. In ACM International Conference on Multimedia, pp. 1397–1400.Google Scholar
- Wang, J., & Cohen, M. (2005). An iterative optimization approach for unified image segmentation and matting. In International Conference on Computer Vision. pp. 17–21.Google Scholar
- Zhang, L., & Zhang, D. (2016b). Evolutionary cost-sensitive extreme learning machine. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, PP(99), 1–6.Google Scholar