Deployment and control of flexible solar array system considering joint friction
- 326 Downloads
It is well known that the traditional modeling theories adopt the Cartesian coordinates to establish the dynamic equation of solar array system. The order of this equation is often very high, which is inconvenient for controller design. The Cartesian coordinates are difficult to be measured in practice. In this paper, the joint coordinates are used as generalized variables to establish the dynamic equation of the solar array system. The single direction recursive construction method and the Jourdain’s velocity variation principle are used in modeling the system. The order of the established equation is lower, and the joint coordinates are easily measured in practice. Besides the dynamics modeling, joint friction and control design are extensively studied in this paper too. A three-dimensional revolute joint model is introduced, and the contribution of joint friction to the dynamic equation of the system is deduced. A fuzzy PD controller is designed to eliminate the drift of spacecraft caused by the deployment of solar array. In the end of this paper, numerical simulations are carried out to analyze the deployment dynamics and control effect of the solar array system with friction.
KeywordsFlexible solar array system Dynamics modeling Deployment Fuzzy PD control Joint friction
This work is supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (11132001, 11272202, and 11472171), the Key Scientific Project of Shanghai Municipal Education Commission (14ZZ021), the Natural Science Foundation of Shanghai (14ZR1421000), and the Special Fund for Talent Development of Minhang District of Shanghai.
- 4.Kote, A., Balaji, K., Nataraju, B.S.: Aralimatti VC. Effect of solar array deployment on spacecraft attitude. J. Spacecr. Technol. 17(2), 1–8 (2007) Google Scholar
- 8.Daniel, W.K.: Techniques for using Adams in spacecraft applications. In: Adams: Mechanical Dynamics-Customer Service, 16th European MDI User Conference, pp. 1–8 (2001) Google Scholar
- 9.Hong, J.Z.: Computational Dynamics of Multibody Systems. High Education Press, Beijing (1999) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 11.Luo, X.M.: Frictional contact analysis of joints in multibody system. Ph.D. dissertation, Dalian University of Technology (2011) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 15.Wen, S.H., Yang, H.: Fuzzy adaptive PD control for robot and experiment study. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Guangzhou, China, vol. 2, pp. 834–839 (2005) Google Scholar