Optimal blind watermarking for color images based on the U matrix of quaternion singular value decomposition
In this paper, a new blind watermarking for copyright protection of color images based on the U matrix through Quaternion Singular Value Decomposition (QSVD) is proposed. The proposed method represents the color image with a quaternion matrix, so that it can deal with the multichannel information in a holistic way. Then the array of pure quaternion is divided into non-overlapping blocks and we perform QSVD on each block to get its U matrix. The watermark is inserted into the optimally selected coefficients of the quaternion elements in the first column of the U matrix. Besides, in the procedures of watermark insertion and extraction, ensuring higher fidelity and robustness to several possible image attacks have been considered. The experimental results show that the proposed method outperforms existing schemes in terms of robustness and invisibility.
KeywordsImage watermarking Copyright protection Quaternion singular value decomposition (QSVD) U matrix
This work is supported by the National Nature Science Foundation of China under grant No.61633019, 61272020 and the Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China under grant No. LZ15F030004 and Ningbo Science & Technology Plan Project under grant No.2014B82015 and the Natural Science Foundation of Ningbo City under Grants 2015A610134 and the General project of Zhejiang Provincial Department of Education under grant No Y201636899.
- 3.Benhocine A, Laouamer L, Nana L, Pascu AC (2013) New images watermarking scheme based on singular value decomposition. J Inf Hiding Multimed Signal Process 4(1):9–18Google Scholar
- 4.Chandra DVS (2002) Digital image watermarking using singular value decomposition. Proceedings of the 45th midwest symposium on circuits and systems (MWSCAS 2002), vol 3, pp 264–267Google Scholar
- 8.Hamilton WR (1866) Elements of quaternions. Longmans Green, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 10.Hsieh SL, Hsu LY, Tsai IJ (2005) A copyright protection scheme for color images using secret sharing and wavelet transform. In: Proceedings of world academy of science, engineering and technology, pp 17–23Google Scholar
- 11.Hsieh SL, Tsai IJ, Huang BY, Jian JJ (2008) Protecting copyrights of color images using a watermarking scheme based on secret sharing. J Multimed 3(4):42–49Google Scholar
- 14.Kong F, Peng Y (2010) Color image watermarking algorithm based on HSI color space. 2nd international conference on industrial and information systems (IIS), vol 2, pp 464–467Google Scholar
- 18.Shi H, Lv F (2010) A blind watermark algorithm for color image based on dual scrambling technique, In: Third international symposium on intelligent information technology and security informatics (IITSI), pp 781–785Google Scholar
- 23.Xie X, Livermore C (2016) A pivot-hinged, multilayer SU-8 micro motion amplifier assembled by a self-aligned approach. In: Proceedings of IEEE international conference on micro electro mechanical systems, pp 75–78Google Scholar
- 24.Xie X, Livermore C (2017) Passively self-aligned assembly of compact barrel hinges for high-performance, out-of-plane mems actuators. In: Proceedings of IEEE international conference on micro electro mechanical systems, pp 813–816Google Scholar
- 26.Xie X, Zaitsev Y, Velasquez-Garcia LF, Teller S, Livermore C (2014b) Compact, scalable, high-resolution, MEMS-enabled tactile displays. In: Proceedings of solid-state sensors, actuators, and microsystems workshop, pp 127–130Google Scholar