Authenticating topological integrity of process plant models through digital watermarking
- 168 Downloads
Process plant models, which feature their intrinsical complex topological relation, are important industrial art works in the field of Computer-Aided Design (CAD). This paper investigates the topology authentication problem for process plant models. Compared with the widely studied watermarking based geometrical information protection and authentication techniques for traditional mechanical CAD drawings, topology authentication is still in its infancy and offers very interesting potentials for improvements. A semi-fragile watermarking based algorithm is proposed to address this interesting issue in this paper. We encode the topological relation among joint plant components into the watermark bits based on the hamming code. A subset of the model’s connection points are selected as mark points for watermark embedding. Then those topology sensitive watermark bits are embedded into selected mark points via bit substitution. Theoretical analysis and experimental results demonstrate that our approach yields a strong ability in detecting and locating malicious topology attacks while achieves robustness against various non-malicious attacks.
KeywordsWatermarking Semi-fragile watermarking Topology authentication Topological integrity Process plant model Connection points
This work is supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NO.61170250, NO.61103201). The models used in this paper are the courtesy of Beijing Zhongke Fulong Computer Technology Co., Ltd. The authors also gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments and suggestions of the reviewers, which have improved the presentation.
- 4.Feng XQ, Zhang WY, Liu YN (2012) Double watermarks of 3D mesh model based on feature segmentation and redundancy information. Multimed Tools Appl 1–19. doi: 10.1007/s11042-012-1039-7
- 5.Gao XF, Zhang CM, Huang Y, Deng ZG (2012) A robust high-capacity affine-transformation-invariant scheme for watermarking 3D geometric models. ACM Trans Multimed Comput 8(S2):34:1–34:21Google Scholar
- 7.Kwon KR, Chang HJ, Jung GS, Moon KS, Lee SH (2006) 3D CAD drawing watermarking based on three components. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on image processing, Atlanta, GA, USA, pp 1385–1388Google Scholar
- 14.Li J, Liu HM, Huang JW, Shi YQ (2012) Reference index-based H.264 video watermarking scheme. ACM Trans Multimed Comput 8(2s):33:1–33:22Google Scholar
- 16.Ohbuchi R, Masuda H (2000) Managing CAD data as a multimedia data type using digital watermarking. In: Proceedings of the IFIP TC5 WG5.2 fourth workshop on knowledge intensive CAD to knowledge intensive engineering, Parma, Italy, pp 103–116Google Scholar
- 17.Ohbuchi R, Masuda H, Aono M (1999) A shape-preserving data embedding algorithm for NURBS curves and surfaces. In: Proceedings of the computer graphics international, Alberta, Canada, pp 180–187Google Scholar
- 20.Singh J, Garg P, De A (2012) Multiplicative watermarking of audio in DFT magnitude. Multimed Tools Appl 61(2):1–23Google Scholar