Formation of Titanium Carbide in the Surface Layer of Cavityless-Cast Iron-Carbon Alloys
Special features of formation of titanium carbide in the surface layer of castings of iron-carbon alloys obtained with the use of investment patterns and “Ti – C” and “FeTi – C” alloying compositions are considered. The phase composition, the structure, and the hardness of the alloyed layers are determined.
Key wordssteel cast iron alloying compositions surface self-propagating high-temperature synthesis cavityless casting carbides nitrides titanium and iron carbonitrides
The work has been performed with financial support of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences within the program “Fundamental Problems of Mechanics and Related Sciences in the Study of Multiscale Processes in Nature and Engineering” (Project No. 15-10-1-4).
- 1.V. A. Karev, E. V. Kuz’minykh, A. Yu. Leshchev, G. I. Ovcharenko, and P. G. Ovcharenko, A Method for Obtaining Composite Castings By Cavityless Casting, RF Patent No. 2514250, MKI B22C 9/04, publ. 27.04.2014.Google Scholar
- 2.S. S. Kiparisov, Yu. V. Levinskii, A. P. Petrov, Titanium Carbide: Production, Properties, Application [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1987), 216 p.Google Scholar
- 3.V. B. Dement’ev, P. G. Ovcharenko, A. Yu. Leshchev, and T. M. Makhnev, “Effect of the method of introduction of alloying compositions on the properties of surface layer of castings from iron-carbon alloys under the conditions of cavityless casting,” Metally, No. 3, 104 – 109 (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.Building, Road, and Utility Manufacturing Engineering, A Review [in Russian], TSNIITÉstroymash, Moscow (1984), 63 p.Google Scholar
- 5.V. S. Shulyak, Cavityless Casting [in Russian], NPO “Professional,” St. Petersburg (2007), 408 p.Google Scholar
- 6.A. P. Gulyaev, Physical Metallurgy [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1977), 648 p.Google Scholar
- 7.A. D. Sherman and A. A. Zhukov (eds.), Cast Iron [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1991), 576 p.Google Scholar
- 8.E. A. Levashov, A. S. Rogachev, V. I. Yukhvid, and I. P. Borovinskaya, Physicochemical and Technological Fundamentals of Self-Propagating High-Temperature Synthesis [in Russian], Izd. “BINOM,” Moscow (1999), 176 p.Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Matveev, Structural and Functional Features of Some Microheterogeneous Catalytic Systems, Author’s Abstract of Candidate’s Thesis [in Russian], Moscow (1990), 18 p.Google Scholar
- 10.D. Ya. Povolotskii, V. E. Roshchin, M. A. Rys, et al., The Electrometallurgy of Steel and Ferroalloys [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1984), 568 p.Google Scholar
- 11.V. B. Dement’ev. P. G. Ovcharenko, and A. Yu. Leshchev, “Effect of carbon in iron-carbon melts on the structure and composition of chromium-alloyed surfaces of castings under cavityless casting,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 9, 27 – 29 (2012).Google Scholar