Effect of Austenitizing Temperature on the Bainitic Transformation in a High-Carbon High-Silicon Steel
- 110 Downloads
The effect of austenitizing temperature (880 – 1000°C) on the incubation period and bainitic transformation in steel 0.88% C – 1.35% Si – 1.0% Cr – 0.43% Mn is studied by the methods of x-ray diffraction and optical and transmission electron microscopy. The effect of the austenitizing temperature on the temperature and incubation period of the nose of the C-curve of the bainitic transformation is determined. The influence of a 20-min hold at 250°C after the austenitizing on the bainitic structure is studied.
Key wordscarbon steel structure bainitic transformation transformation diagram incubation period austenitizing
The authors acknowledge the financial support of the Tianjin Momentous Technology Supporting Program Foundation of China.
- 1.H. K. D. H. Bhadeshia, Bainite in Steels, Institute of Materials, London (2001).Google Scholar
- 2.C. Garcia-Mateo, F. G. Caballero, and H. K. D. H. Bhadeshia, “Low temperature bainite,” J. de Physique IV, 112, 285 – 288 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.H.-S. Yang and H. K. D. H. Bhadeshia, “Designing low carbon low temperature bainite,” J. Mater. Sci. Technol., 24, 3335 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.H. K. D. H. Bhadeshia, “Kinetics of the bainite transformation,” J. Royal Soc., 460, 1707 – 1722 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.H. K. D. H. Bhadeshia, J. Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 273 – 275, 58 (1999).Google Scholar
- 8.H. I. Aaronson, Decomposition of Austenite by Diffusional Processes, New York Interscience (1962), 165 p.Google Scholar