Effect of Tungsten Additive on Structural Transformations in Alloys of the Fe – Cr – Co – Ti System
- 43 Downloads
Structural transformations of the single-phase α-solid solution in polycrystalline specimens of Fe – 30% Cr – 15% Co – 0.5% Ti alloys containing up to 5 wt.% W are studied after quenching and annealing in the range of 600 – 1200°C. The temperature ranges of existence of single-phase α-solid solution in stable and metastable conditions, the temperatures of the start of precipitation of γ- and σ-phases, the temperature of the start of decomposition yielding a high-coercivity state, and the Curie temperature are determined. The results of the thermomagnetic analysis are used to make a suggestion that in the course of the α→ (α1 + α2) transformation tungsten passes both to the α2 -phase and to the α1 -phase.
Key wordsalloys of the Fe – Cr – Co – system structural transformations α-, γ-, and σ-phases Curie temperature permanent magnets with nanocrystalline structure
The work has been performed within fulfillment of State Assignment No. 2014/113 by NITU “MISiS” in the sphere of scientific activity within the base part of the State Assignment of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- 1.Z. Ahmad, A. ul Haq, S.W. Husain, and T. Abbas, “ Effect of Mo addition on magnetic properties of Fe – 28Cr – 15Co hard magnets,” Physica B, 321, 96 – 103 (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.I. S. Belyatskaya, E. A. Sukhareva, and V. V. Sadchikov, “A study of the anisotropy of single crystals of Fe – Cr – Co and Fe – Cr – Co – Mo alloys,” Izv. Vysh. Ucheb. Zaved., Fizika, 23(11), 106 – 108 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.V. S. Shubakov, T. G. Emyasheva, and B. A. Samarin, “Structural transformations in tempering of highly coercive alloy Fe – 15% Co – 30% Cr – 3% Mo,” Metally, No. 4, 59 – 63 (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.I. S. Belyatskaya, E. V. Arabei, and A. I. Umpelova, “Magnetic properties and structure of single crystals of Fe – Cr – Co – W alloys,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 53(5), 906 – 910 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Belozerov, M. A. Uimin, A. E. Ermakov, et al., “Effect of tungsten and gallium on the structure and magnetic and mechanical properties of alloys of the Fe – Cr – Co system,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 106(5), 489 – 497 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.I. V. Cherednichenko, Formation of Highly Coercive State and Magnetic Properties in alloys of the Fe – Cr – Co – Mo System, Author’s Abstract of Candidate’s Thesis [in Russian], Moscow (2010).Google Scholar