Effect of Aging on the Hardness and Structure of Quenched and Deformed Alloy Zn – 23% Al
- 60 Downloads
The hardness and the structure of quenched and deformed (by up to 97%) alloy Zn – 23% Al are studied after aging at 100 – 270°C. The structural parameters are determined by the method of x-ray diffraction analysis. The aging temperature and the degree of plastic strain are shown to affect the properties of the alloy. The structural processes influencing the hardness and the structure of the alloy upon growth in the aging temperature are determined.
Key wordsalloy Zn 23% Al quenching plastic deformation artificial aging hardness structure
The work has been performed within State Assignment of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation No. 2014_66 with partial support of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Grant No. 12-03-97002-r_povolzhye_a).
- 2.A. I. Skvortsov and V. M. Kondrat’ev, “High-damping manufacture adaptable zinc-aluminum-base alloys,” in: Theory and Practice of Production of Articles from Composite Materials and Novel Metallic Alloys, Proc. 5th Moscow Int. Conf. [in Russian], Znanie, Moscow (2008), pp. 325 – 328.Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Skvortsov, “Damping and mechanical properties of zincaluminum alloys,” Izv. Vysh. Ucheb. Zaved., Tsvetn. Met., No. 1, 118 – 122 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Skvortsov, Creation of High-Damping Iron and Zinc–Aluminum Alloys and Fundamentals of the Process of Their Heat Treatment, Author’s Abstract of Candidate’s Thesis [in Russian], UGTU (1995), 38 p.Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Skvortsov, “Effect of alloying, heat treatment and deformation on the structure and properties of damping Zn – Al alloys,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 9, 27 – 29 (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.A. I. Agapov, V. M. Kondrashov, A. I. Skvortsov, et al., “Structure and physicomechanical properties of monotectoid alloys of the Zn – Al system after various kinds of treatment,” Deform. Razrush. Mater., No. 8, 28 – 31 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Skvortsov and E. V. Patrushev, “Effect of plastic deformation on the hardness of preliminarily quenched alloyed alloy of the zinc–aluminum system with monotectoid composition,” in: All-Russia Workshop “Society, Science, Innovations” (15 – 26 April 2012), Electronic Resource [in Russian], Izd. VyatGU, Kirov (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Skvortsov, N. N. Veselov, A. A. Skvortsov, and Yu. B. Obukhov, “Dependence of the properties and crystal structure of alloy Zn – 23% Al on the degree of plastic deformation,” Deform. Razrush. Mater., No. 7, 22 – 25 (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.A. I. Skvortsov, “Electron microscopic analysis of the structure of damping fine-crystalline alloys based on zinc–aluminum,” in: Nanotechnologies of Functional Materials, Proc. Int. Sci.-Eng. Conf. [in Russian], Izd. Polytekh. Univ., St. Petersburg (2010), pp. 269 – 271.Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Skvortsov, “Analysis of inelasticity in high-damping Zn – Al alloys, gray irons and iron alloys with magnetomechanical nature of internal friction,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 5, 42 – 47 (2012).Google Scholar