Thermochemical treatment of steels in the plasma of a hydrostatic glow-spark discharge
- 198 Downloads
This article presents results from studies of the thermochemical treatment of steel parts based on their nitriding in the plasma of a hydrostatic glow-spark discharge (GSD). The article examines the nitriding of carbon and alloy steels in a GSD plasma (hydroplasma nitriding), as well as combination methods of treating carbon steels. One of the combination methods discussed is diffusion saturation of the steel by a metal, nitrogen, and carbon.
Key wordsthermochemical treatment nitriding plasma of hydrostatic discharge metal plating electrolyte.
- 1.L. G. Petrova, “Development of the theory and practice of thermochemical treatment for metals: studies of the Department of Metallurgy and Heat Treatment at MADI,” in: Prospects for the Thermochemical Treatment of Steels: Theory – Experiment – Technologies [in Russian], MADI, Moscow (2011), pp.5–17.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. M. Lakhtin and Ya. D. Kogan, Nitriding of Steel [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. M. Lakhtin, “Diffusional principles of the nitriding process,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 7, 14 – 17 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.L. G. Petrova, “Current trends in the development of the theory and practice of steel nitriding processes,” in: Proc. Third Scientific-Technical Conference on Heat Treatment (April 13 – 15, 2011, Tolyatti) “New Steels for Machine Construction and Their Heat Treatment” [in Russian], Izd-vo OAO “AVTOVAZ,” Tolyatti (2011), pp.7–10.Google Scholar
- 5.D. I. Slovetskii, S. D. Terent’ev, and V. G. Plekhanov, “Mechanism of the plasma-electrolytic heating of metals,” Teplofiz. Vys. Temp., 24(2), 353 – 363 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.L. G. Petrova and V. A. Aleksandrov, “Strengthening of parts made of structural steels by combined TCT technologies based on the slip method,” in: Modern Methods of Fabricating and Studying Nanostructured Materials and Coatings [in Russian], MADI (GTU), Moscow (2009), pp. 47 – 59.Google Scholar
- 7.L. G. Petrova, V. A. Aleksandrov, and P. E. Demin, “Effect of the dimensions of a part on its temperature during heating in a hydro-electrolytic plasma,” Ibid., pp. 73 – 77.Google Scholar