Effect of overheating on the texture and grain size of rotor steel
- 76 Downloads
The effect of heating temperature for steel 23KhN3MFAin the range 900 – 1250°C on physical and mechanical properties, semibrittleness temperature, carbide phase, texture and austenite grain size is studied. The role of texture and grain size in changing mechanical properties is established. The effect of repeated heating temperature on weakening the deleterious effect of overheating is analyzed.
Key wordsrotor steel overheating sub-zero treatment normalization texture austenite grain size mechanical properties microstructure semibrittleness temperature carbide analysis carbide phase fracture dislocation density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. D. Sadovskii, “Kinetics and structural mechanism of phase transformation on heating steel,” in: Problems of materials Science and Heat Treatment [in Russian], Moscow – Sverdlovsk (1956).Google Scholar
- 2.V. D. Sadovskii, Structural Inheritance in Steel [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.V. D. Sadovskii, “Structural mechanism of recrystallization on steel heating,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 6, 26 – 27 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Drozd and V. M. Schastlivtsev, “Effect of heating rate on structural inheritance in steel,” Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 40(2), 379 – 387 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Astaf’ev and I. A. Borisov, “Improvement of a coarse grain structure fro alloyed tool steels, Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 1, 41 – 45 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.I. A. Borisov, “Austenite grain refinement in large forgings of steel 23KhN3MFA,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 2, 205 (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.I. A. Borisov, “Heat treatment of critical components of power engineering,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 9, 2 – 6 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.I. A. Borisov, “Choice of optimum quenching parameters for large rotors of steel 23KhN3MFA,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 12, 225 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.I. A. Borisov, “Recrystallization of steel in a coarse grained condition on heating,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 7, 8 – 10 (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.I. A. Borisov, Study of Features of Improvement of a Coarse Grained Structure in Steels for Cold Rolling Rolls and Dies, Author’s Abstract of Candidate’s Thesis [in Russian], TsNIITMASh, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 11.I. A. Borisov, Study, Development and Introduction of Steels and Heat Treatment Technology for Large Rotors of Powerful Steam Turbines and Generators, Author’s Abstract of Doctoral’s Thesis [in Russian], TsNIITMASh, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar