A study of static softening of low-carbon steel under conditions of rolling in ferrite range
The physical processes occurring in the final period of rolling of low-carbon steel in ferrite range are studied. In order to investigate static softening in many-stage hot deformation the specimens are subjected to double hot compression at 700 – 800°C at deformation rate of 1 sec–1 with the help of a Gleeble-3500 machine. After attaining a true strain of 0.5 the deformation is stopped and a pause of from 1 to 100 sec is applied. The kinetics of the static softening in the ferrite range is described by the Avrami equation. The activation energy of the process is determined.
Key wordslow-carbon steel hot deformation softening Avrami equation
- 1.M. R. Barnett and J. J. Jonas, ISIJ Int., 39, 866 (1999).Google Scholar
- 4.Z. D. Wang, X. M. He, and K. Zhao, Mater. Sci. Tech., 8, 6 – 10 (2000).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Serajzadeh, Mater. Sci. Eng., A371, 318 – 323 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.W. P. Sun and E. B. Hawbolt, ISIJ Int., 35, 909 (1995).Google Scholar
- 12.A. M. Elwazri, E. Essadiqi, and S. Yue, ISIJ Int., 44, 166 (2006).Google Scholar